Sign in to follow this  
couesdeerhntr

Legal area to hunt question with bow for geese

So i am always seeing geese in east gilbert in the alfalfa fields and i want to whack one with my bow and was wondering if it is legal or not? I am sure it would be weird seeing a guy stalking a goose while u are driving home from work but hey if its legal than why not.

Lol...I've thought the same thing. There's a huge alfalfa field on Riggs/Arizona Ave in Chandler. Heading back to the office the other day I swear there were 200 geese in there. I almost ran off the road just checking them out. People were wondering why I was driving so erratic.

Non-hunters have no idea when it's in your blood. :)

• Like 2

If you are 1/4 mile from any building you are legal to use any legal weapon

I think the 1/4 mile law is for the discharge of a firearm, not a bow. Unless your hunting in city limits and they have a differnt regulation on bows.

I was told the 1/4 mile rule was chanel to now include bows. Maybe I was not informed correctly, but I would check.

• Like 1

Guest akaspecials

Don't know legality, but I'd make sure I use a "guillotine" broadhead and be really close. When I was living in another state there was a newspaper front page article about ducks flying around with arrows stuck in them. Shoot straight.

I know In the metro units you can not archery hunt with a 1/4 mile from a house or building etc thanks to our wonderful liberal game and fish who been having the tendency the last few years to take sides with non hunters who illegally feed the deer and wild life who complain about hunters hunting to close to their houses.

• Like 1

Call the Regional office in Mesa and ask for the Law Enforcement Manager. The first thing that comes to mind is its private property. You must get permission from the land owner. When I bought my Double Bull blind I received a video of them shooting geese in Minnesota out of the blind. They used a broad head that cut off the head of the goose. Body shots would be problematic. It would be fun if you could set up some decoys and a blind in the field.

And make sure all arrows are accounted for my father in law really drives that point home. Don't want to sell a bale with arrow in it and a horse or cattle getting jacked up

• Like 1

Call the Regional office in Mesa and ask for the Law Enforcement Manager. The first thing that comes to mind is its private property. You must get permission from the land owner.

Is this true? I thought that if the property is not posted (no trespassing or no hunting) you can hunt there unless you are told to leave by the owner.

Mark

Call the Regional office in Mesa and ask for the Law Enforcement Manager. The first thing that comes to mind is its private property. You must get permission from the land owner.

Is this true? I thought that if the property is not posted (no trespassing or no hunting) you can hunt there unless you are told to leave by the owner.

Mark

You are correct. Just be polite and respectfull! Even more importantly use good judgment when dealing with the public when you are hunting.

Adam