SwampMafia

White tank mountains mulies

I don't know what's been goin on with the white tanks, but the deer are nowhere to be found! I've hunted the north end up in a draw, the land inside the park, and the very top of the mountain. All I've seen is 5 does and a spike. Does anyone know what the heck the deer are doing? Or if you have a success story id love to hear it. It's tough out there. Never glassed so much land with such little success.

I saw my first mountain lion in the white tanks but I hear from biologists that there are not lions in there except occasionally one roaming. I have been hiking , biking, running , and riding mules in the white tanks for several years and I have never seen a buck in there. I do see does almost every time I'm in there. I ran into a guy on my mules like 4 or 5 miles back in there a few years ago and he had pics of a few good bucks. He only got 2 pics off his camera in 3 months but he did put an arrow in one. It took him 19 trips in there sitting in a blind before he got it done. Most people don't realize how beautiful it is back in there. If you know where the water is you can stay prety deep in there.

I've seen a drastic decline in deer in the whitetanks and all of unit 42 for that matter since 2007-2008. Arrowed a 181" non typical out of there in 2010 and have not seen a decent buck since. Just does and Dink's. Also don't see half the does we used to either.

Between all the new growth around the white tanks, people running their big mouths on hunting forums, Facebook and the lions. Its pretty much gone to crap.

• Like 2

A lot of glassing and when you think you glassed it all glass again got on a decent 3x3 last Sunday but couldn't get it done they are there just getting smart

The place holds monsters, but like most monsters you wont see them till it's too late! I jumped a five x five a few years back that was every bit of 190, but I was busting country that was nowhere near any of the trails. I do agree that the numbers are down though, I have noticed fewer deer in "perrenial" areas. Better places to hunt, but still one of my go to spots :)

Haha funny you say that, my dads friend killed one off hole 9! No lie he sat in the bushes in the evening and watched golfers come by, and when a forkie walked up, he flung an arrow and dragged the deer off the course.

I heard someone arrowed a 190 class buck in their last week. Havent seen or heard anymore than just that. Their are deer in there but youre gunna work for em.

I've always wondered how you go about hunting in there. Do you have to check in at the main gate and let them know you'll be hunting?

Yes. You have to declare your intentions. You can't shoot across a trail either. You can look up their hunting regulations on the Maricopa park website.

lots of hunters in there this year...stay away :) 10 hunters per 1 doe. all bucks are gone