idgaf

What's BP really after| Speculation

Certainly looks like a C-130. I knew a guy that used to be part of the Civil Air Patrol, and they flew maneuvers to the south. Don't know if BP uses them, or in a joint venture with the military. Unless they have surveillance gear on board, not sure what use they would be.

David Monthan runs A10 maneuvers down in the 36s. have y'all missed Korengal and Restepro? The Afghanistan looks a lot like AZ, almost looks like some great deer hunting.

What valley has "apc's" rolling thru??

Libby army air field has c130s but I can't tell if they are c130s or not.

I doubt border patrol has a C-130 or Cobra helicopters. The AH-1 Cobra is an old bird phased out by the services except the Marine Corps. It has a very different mission hence the name AH (Attack Helicopter). Now you may have seen these operating in the area as a result of the prime flying conditions that southern AZ has year round or the similarity between that region and current overseas theaters. The southern units also offer vast unpopulated areas to conduct flight training in. We hunters are a tiny percentage that may be disturbed by their presence there as opposed to more populated areas.

It is however, interesting how someone can interpret a different bird in the air as "new budget killing tools" or "luxury items"?

The military has been working jointly with BP forever on things ranging from construction projects to surveillance. These projects offer great training opportunities that are mutually beneficial to both parties and to the tax payer. The military is not there to grab bodies. That is BP's job not to mention Habeas Corpus. The military simply provides the manpower and technical skill to areas that would require hiring a civilian contractor or assistance in specific tasks.

So you saw an agent driving his truck too hard? Maybe he was on call? Maybe his presence was needed somewhere else in a timely manner?

The BP guys out there on the ground or in the air are the least of your worries.

• Like 6

I doubt border patrol has a C-130 or Cobra helicopters. The AH-1 Cobra is an old bird phased out by the services except the Marine Corps. It has a very different mission hence the name AH (Attack Helicopter). Now you may have seen these operating in the area as a result of the prime flying conditions that southern AZ has year round or the similarity between that region and current overseas theaters. The southern units also off vast area unpopulated areas to conduct flight training in. We hunters are a tiny percentage that may be disturbed by their presence there as opposed to more populated areas.

It is however, interesting how someone can interpret a different bird in the air as "new budget killing tools" or "luxury items"?

The military has been working jointly with BP forever on things ranging from construction projects to surveillance. These projects offer great training opportunities that are mutually beneficial to both parties and to the tax payer. The military is not there to grab bodies. That is BP's job not to mention Habeas Corpus. The military simply provides the manpower and technical skill to areas that would require hiring a civilian contractor or assistance in specific tasks.

So you saw an agent driving his truck too hard? Maybe he was on call? Maybe his presence was needed somewhere else in a timely manner?

The BP guys out there on the ground or in the air are the least of your worries.

They had use of Cobra helicopters in the past. My cousin lives on the Buenos Aires Refuge and when he was robbed, they were deployed, when immigration was at its peak (that was interesting after they caught the guys that robbed him). The area that used for manuevers is off of Arivaca RD. This was no where near that. The plane was hot lapping a particular spot at the edge of Reservation, ranch, and private land.

BP does not have to say anything, I think I mentioned in the title this is speculation. In six days of hunting 20 or so miles walked, I saw one set of illegal tracks when previously I would see dozens. Is a plane of that magnitude warranted for one border crosser, unless they are looking for something else.

If I had a Ford Raptor, I would be driving it like I stole too, these days with my taxes so high the only way I would be driving a Raptor is if I stole it

BP does NOT have any C130's, Apaches, Cobras, or any other type of assault aircraft. You may see an occasional UH60 or other type of observation helocopter that is BP. South of Tucson, it is very common to see C130s, F16s, A10s, and UH60s from Davis Monthan performing manuevers.

BP does NOT have any C130's, Apaches, Cobras, or any other type of assault aircraft. You may see an occasional UH60 or other type of observation helocopter that is BP. South of Tucson, it is very common to see C130s, F16s, A10s, and UH60s from Davis Monthan performing manuevers.

In 2007 or 08 when the Utah National Guard was deployed on our border. BP had use of their Cobra Helicopters. I am not making the point of my speculation to some of you. Which is what are they really looking for? I have been playing in the same piece of desert since 1982 when my dad and uncle gave me a 22 and said go shoot a rabbit. This is the first time I have seen a plane like this flying like that over this piece of land, hence the speculation.

Had a C-130 fly by at low altitude earlier this month in unit 21. What a beautiful sight. C-130 is one the of the finest aircraft ever built. Likely what you saw was a training mission. Always puts a smile on my face when I see my tax dollars spent on something worthwhile.

• Like 3

My main question is how/why go you know/think that plane is related to BP?

The military planes in general stay to the east of where this was. It was fixated on a spot or an area that is a pick up spot for illegals. It lapped the area three times that I noticed. With each pass it lowered in elevation. In thirty five years of going to this area I have (my family owns property there) yet to see this or a military aircraft do maneuvers in this part of the unit.

My main question is how/why go you know/think that plane is related to BP?

The military planes in general stay to the east of where this was. It was fixated on a spot or an area that is a pick up spot for illegals. It lapped the area three times that I noticed. With each pass it lowered in elevation. In thirty five years of going to this area I have (my family owns property there) yet to see this or a military aircraft do maneuvers in this part of the unit.

Cartel overwatch... The cartel acquired the plane the same way they do RPGs and whatnot.

Loosen up the tin foil, the stuperbowl is in state so the military is probably helping keep an extra look out for "Johnny Jihad" and his Isis crew.

• Like 1