Sign in to follow this  
Half

15xs everything Vs Swarofski SLC HDs

In an optics review I just read I saw where they compared Vortex vulture,Zeiss conquest Hds, Swaro SLC Hds, and Nikon Monarch 5s, plus some other bush league junk in 15-16 x 56s. The Nikons took a solid 2nd place with clarity edge to edge and high light transmission. They were said to be very close to the Swarofski 15x56 SLC Hds and the Zeiss conquest 15x56 HD kinda got a not so great review. I was just about to buy the Zeiss so now I have something to think about. Does anyone have any actual time behind a set of Monarch 5 16x56s? Any real experience with them at all I mean I might save 800$

I have heard it all folks "you get what you pay for" bla bla bla I just want to know if anyone has been behind a set of the Nikons and what they thought. Thanks.

I bought my wife a pair of nikons. Don't remeber which ones but there were the top of the line nikons at the time in 10x. They were nice but after a couple years of use they started falling apart. Dropped the money and got her some swaros. Still as new as they were when we bought them. Would have actually saved myself money by just buying her the swaros in the first place because now I am out the swaro price plus those nikons.

• Like 2

Go ahead and buy the Swarovski's HD 15x56,you will never regret it.And yes there is a reason everyone is upgrading to the HD's.

• Like 2

Yes I spent some time behind the zeiss and they are very good binos. I have spent time behind all major brands so I have an unbiased opinion. They are as good as the old swaros and better than the kaibabs. The monarchs I have not heard anything good about and likewise have not spent any time behind them other than at cabelas.

• Like 1

I own a pair of the Zeiss and my wife uses the Kaibabs. The Zeiss are comparable to the old SLC's and better than the Kaibabs. They are good glass.

I put the Nikons Monarch 5s up against everything I could last night and they are a close second to the SLCs. Clear edge to edge, no color distortion positive adjustments, diopter adjustment was crisp. The SLCs I cant afford. I just bought my daughter braces. <- 5000$ IMHO the Kiababs suck beans, the zeiss are very nice but low light and clarity although very good was not on par with the Nikons.

I ownder if anyone else wants to tell me to buy Swraofski.

I put the Nikons Monarch 5s up against everything I could last night and they are a close second to the SLCs. Clear edge to edge, no color distortion positive adjustments, diopter adjustment was crisp. The SLCs I cant afford. I just bought my daughter braces. <- 5000$ IMHO the Kiababs suck beans, the zeiss are very nice but low light and clarity although very good was not on par with the Nikons.

I ownder if anyone else wants to tell me to buy Swraofski.

it sounds like you had your mind made up before asking the question to begin with. if you have never owned a pair of 15's it is hard to compare them

• Like 1

^^^^^^ Yeah. Seems odd to bash on the people who offered up their opinions after you ask. Forget getting anything else out of me HALF!!!

The nikon's are nice, but seem to require more focussing than the swaro's at diff distances when glassing. For instance, when glassing at 300 yards and switching to looking at something at 700 yards requires a focussing while the swaros don't. Just my opinion. You will have fun with both regardless though.

• Like 1

The simple answer to the "Which 15's should I buy" question is always BUY SWAROVSKI!!!!!!!!

There is a reason we all say Swarovski. They are the BEST!

• Like 3

Thanks! Any time I ask a question about optics it gets hi jacked and turns into why I should always buy Swaro and I had some genuine questions about the Nikons. Swaros, They are the best I know.

Having to constantly tune as set of glass is sorta lame I have to do that now all the time with my Brunton Eterna 15 x 56s My fam all owns Swaros I have used them quite a bit. Thanks for that info couesmagnet.

Prob just have to save a bit longer and buy Swaros.............LOL