SirRoyal

$320000 ARIZONA MULE DEER TAG!

I viewed the biggest mule deer last year while getting ready for an elk hunt that I had ever seen. At first I thought he was a 5 point rag horn bull. Plan to go after him this year with my bow in August but sure would rather try to get him when he is hard horned. Estimate he is +230.

Thats impossible. AZ game and fish has mis managed the herds so bad theres nothing bigger than a forkie anywhere. :rolleyes:

Good luck, that will be one memerable trophy if you get him. I have a 190 Ive been trying to figure out how to kill with the bow.

Yup, there're out there.

25 odd years ago I was bidding on that tag at the Mule deer banquet. I got off it at $17,000. It brought $25k. Thought it was alot then. Dont think that the hunter cares much for the meat, its definitely a horn hunt !

post-10954-0-87021500-1425683158.jpg

• Like 1

I agree with the earlier post about a particular deer. 70k more than the previous high means someone is pimping a possible world record. They must have some good intell on the deer to get a couple heavy hitters to battle all the way to 320k. I can't wait to see what that deer scores.

That's insane. Can he resell those tags? Big money on "guides" wages. That's pretty crazy either way, same guy with possibly the two best mule deer tags in the country.

Can't argue with that 5guys. That's what I just don't understand about the money paid for those hints. I like big deer, but good times with friends and family is a lot more important.

• Like 1

You would too if you took the $710,000 spent on the two hunts and bought a ranch somewhere. With small game, big game seasons fishing on a private pond, etc. Tons to do year round with friends and family.

These hunts are all about paying for an opportunity to chase a world record. I understand that's cool, but if your paying for the privelage that 99% of people can't afford, why does it matter. To me a guy that kills a 200" Mulie on a hunt that anyone can do far exceeds a world record buck on an exclusive tag.

• Like 2

That guide also bought the New Mexico enhancement tags for $230,000.

That's elk , deer, antelope, oryx and ibex!

That's $940,000 he spent of someone else's money!

These hunts have absolutely nothing to do with family friend s or good times. The motivation is the same as the competition between all the billionaires on the list of the 50 richest people: every one of them has more than they could spend in 100 lifetimes, but they're still trying to gain enough to top the list.

Its great that wildlife conservation will benefit, but dont blow smoke up your own tush. These guys that buy these tags are only motivated by the record book entry and their own egos. But its their money so they can buy anything they want with it. They could by valentino Rossi's Yamaha at the end of the year too, but it doesnt make them a moto gp champion, they're just the guy who spent a bunch of money on an expensive motorcycle.

• Like 1

^ thats a given though. no one is going around saying what great hunters denny austad or mike gallo are great hunters. they talk about mossback and a3

24 year old guide from Canada bought it, he also paid $390,000 for the antelope island mule deer tag.

http://www.standard.net/Recreation/2015/03/01/Canadian-hunter-pays-390K-for-right-to-hunt-1-mule-deer

he must have a very rich father

Hopefully I'm successful enough one day I can buy governors tags and get bashed from other hunters on web sites.

That's a lot of money going towards a positive thing to help all of us hunters.

• Like 1