Lance

Flagstaff area CWT get together BBQ!

All right, maybe this has been done before I don't know. But I am planning a BBQ for CWT members and there families in the Flagstaff area. Or whoever wants to come! Figured it was a good way to get to know some of you. I have mentioned it to several already and all have said it was a good idea. So get the word out.

I need some input on dates and times that would be best for the most members possible.

I am thinking sometime in May. (The forest should still be open) Would a Saturday or a weekday afternoon be best?

Lance

I kinda like the weekday afternoon idea..... but that turns it into a shorter deal. Or even a Sunday afternoon.... I would like to try and show up regaurdless.

Sorry :( not looking for a beer party, but more of a family BBQ. ;) And Sundays are no good. Hope that doesn't change your mind! :rolleyes:

If more out of towners want to come then maybe a Saturday or a Friday afternoon that can flow into Saturday for thoes who want to stay and camp. That way we catch the weekday afternoon and the weekend possibles? :huh:

Lance

I think a weekend day would be better, like CNS said, could make it a lil longer. i think it sounds like a good idea and pencil in myself, and Ojos ( my dog)

A weekday evening would work better for me as there is nary an open weekend between spring turkey, fishing, and archery.

Doug~RR

A weekday evening would work better for me as there is nary an open weekend between spring turkey, fishing, and archery.

Doug~RR

I agree.

I could only make it up on Thursday afternoons or Fridays during the week. I am always open on weekends though.

What do you think about June 8th or June 15th?

These would be after the Turkey season and after the big archery shoots. These are both Fridays and would be in the evening and could flow into Saturday for thoes wanting to camp. Does Friday evening fall into the weekday catagory? Is there anything big going on thoes weekends that I am missing. Hunt apps are due, but you can take care of that early ;) Is one better than the other? I hate to go any latter into the year if fear of forest closures. :(

Lance

What do you think about June 8th or June 15th?

These would be after the Turkey season and after the big archery shoots. These are both Fridays and would be in the evening and could flow into Saturday for thoes wanting to camp. Is there anything big going on thoes weekends that I am missing. Hunt apps are due, but you can take care of that early ;) Is one better than the other? I hate to go any latter into the year if fear of forest closures. :(

Lance

I wouldn't be able to make it to either because the 8th and 9th is the Anerson Work Project for the Arizona Elk Society and the weekend of the 15th is Wapati Weekend. But don't center it around me i am sure I will be meeting everybody down the road sooner or later.

Great idea Lance! Not sure I will be able to make it up there, but sounds like fun. How many CW.com'ers live up in Flag area? Jim White lives up in Williams. He might come and bring some of his optics, tripods, and tripod heads so you guys can check them out in hand. Once you guys settle on a date, I will let him know.

Amanda

Amanda, as the number 5 top poster, and member number 162, by the power invested in me, i make it mandatory that you attend! :D

ill be there no matter when it is as long as i dont have a prior engagement.

I might be able to go for a couple hours if it is on the 8th... but I'll be out of state on the 15th.

PS: I think Marshall Lake would be a great spot.... ;)

leaning towards the 8th-9th of June. Any one else have any plans for tring to make it? It is a ways off but before it comes around I will need to plan food for how many. I'm thinking we could provide a dinner on Friday night and maybe a breakfast or lunch on Saturday depending on when the most of you will be there. I'm sure we could dig up some smores for the kids/(adults ;) ). Maybe some archery targets or some kind of outdoor activity like that?

My first thought was the Heart Prairie area. It still has some snow and might be the least dusty in June. Although Marshall Lake is a great center point for fishing and is very nice also.

Just looking for input....

Thanks

Lance