Lance

Flagstaff area CWT get together BBQ!

hey mattys281..are those the easton full metal jacket arrows?

Carbon Force, Radial X-weaves. Made by PSE. They're on the light side, but the way the wrap the carbon on them makes them really tough. I've been doing a lot of rabbit shooting with 'em & in spite of numerous misses, haven't busted one yet.

I plan to be there with my husband. I can certainly bring some stickers as prizes for whatever. Having a kids shoot sounds great!

Do we have a specific camping area picked out? I haven't been to that lake, so I don't know the layout or where would be good for a large group. Post a map if you can of where you are planning to be. And maybe Lance can post his cell phone number or PM it to people in case someone needs to get in touch with you for more info.

Amanda

If nothing changes in my schedule, I am going to try and shoot up there Friday night. If not Friday, then I will be there Saturday. David

I plan to be there with my husband. I can certainly bring some stickers as prizes for whatever. Having a kids shoot sounds great!

I've also go a bunch of stuff left from when I had my shop open. I could throw some game calls or something like that into the pot? Sounds good to me. Bring out the families & make it fun for the kids.

I know it may have already be posted here, but just to confirm, we're on for the 8-10th (next weekend), right?

I might try to make it up as well. A friend of mine has a 5B south elk tag and wanted me to go scouting with him that weekend, but I'll try to make it.

So exactly where will the party be? The FS link posted above seems to indicate that the "Lakeview Campground" is the closest to Marshal Lake. Is this where folks will be, or will there be a primitive set-up somewhere closer to the lake?

S.

:)

YES THE 8th and 9th!

It will be on the dirt road headed into Marshal Lake. Likely in the first 1/4 to 1/2 mile. There are many BIG camping areas on the South side of that road. I'll go early and claim which ever is open at the time. I can put up some paper plates that say "CWT" on them. Maybe other campers will think it is a "Cronic Waste Treatment" area and leave the whole road open for us! :P

If there is any one who needs directions or has questions let me know! (928) 607-9380

As of right now I am thinking about grilling burgers and dogs Friday night around 8pm and whipen up some biscuits and gravy around 7-8am Saturday. Bring your own soda, chairs, toiletries and such. More info will be available by Monday or Tuesday.

Lance

PS. Bring your fishing gear! Ashurst is good as usual. Upper Lake Mary is producing some big ones (as seen in photoes on this site) And Marshal is like catching fish in a barrel!!! Bring your camera gear as well! The elk are everywhere and gitting some good amount of velvet! I saw 65 bulls this morning. (Ill post some elk pictures in the "Non hunting trips" latter.)

Lance,

Thanks for putting this together!!!

Trying to clear the calendar so we can make it. Is it worth the hassle of bringing a boat for fishing? I have a 14" tin can.

Thanks

Dan

Lance,

Thanks for putting this together!!!

Trying to clear the calendar so we can make it. Is it worth the hassle of bringing a boat for fishing? I have a 14" tin can.

Thanks

Dan

Traveler

The best fishing I know of around here right now is off of the shore.

Lance

I am going to be shooting at the Mormon Lake Shoot on the 9th and will plan on heading up to hang out with everybody and camp out up there also.

Sounds Great! My Family and I will be staying in Flag that weekend for our annual bike trip, but we'll be out to see and meet you all Friday night! Lance, thanks for making this happen!

Mark

Remember June 9 is also free fishing day in AZ................chris

OK, I need everyone to please be a little more specific as to how many in your groop and when you will be there. Just night, just morning or both. You can PM me with this info. Just trying to plan on how many mouths to feed :o. The more the better!

Thank You!

Lance