Explorer

Vaquero outfitters charged with chasing antelope

I think there's been a huge and very rash rush to judgement from most on here. Seeing that none of us were probably there when it happened it's surprising to see such a lynch mob mentality so quickly. What if there's a chance that they were really just herding cattle and chose the worst time to do it. Even witnesses could have ulterior motives and it's been know that even direct witnesses of an event can be off on their own testimony of what really happened cause Of their own human error alone. Heck look at all the Bigfoot sightings still and they don't exist!!! Factors such as distance can obscure true positioning of helicopters in relation to fence lines or antelope for that matter. I have lots of respect for the arizona game and fish overall but even they make big mistakes themselves sometimes, everyone makes mistakes, everyone!!! No one has even heard the other side of the story but yet stand ready to tar and feather a guy without his due process. I don't know chad and have met him only twice, but after hearing the story from the other side there's an awful lot of grey area here and sounds like quite a misunderstanding from all sides. This event has nothing to do with a hunting incident and at worst involves possible animal harassment indirectly. Has anyone ever drove the their truck down a road and had antelope run off from seeing the truck?? That could also be spun into hunter harassment. Just saying give the guy his due process. Witch hunts were for the old days.

• Like 4

Couesmagnet, You sound like an attorney by chance. Or a friend of a friend of the offended. That being said You do make sense and what Your saying is a possibility. But My guess is people know his reputation.............BOB!

I think there's been a huge and very rash rush to judgement from most on here. Seeing that none of us were probably there when it happened it's surprising to see such a lynch mob mentality so quickly. What if there's a chance that they were really just herding cattle and chose the worst time to do it. Even witnesses could have ulterior motives and it's been know that even direct witnesses of an event can be off on their own testimony of what really happened cause Of their own human error alone. Heck look at all the Bigfoot sightings still and they don't exist!!! Factors such as distance can obscure true positioning of helicopters in relation to fence lines or antelope for that matter. I have lots of respect for the arizona game and fish overall but even they make big mistakes themselves sometimes, everyone makes mistakes, everyone!!! No one has even heard the other side of the story but yet stand ready to tar and feather a guy without his due process. I don't know chad and have met him only twice, but after hearing the story from the other side there's an awful lot of grey area here and sounds like quite a misunderstanding from all sides. This event has nothing to do with a hunting incident and at worst involves possible animal harassment indirectly. Has anyone ever drove the their truck down a road and had antelope run off from seeing the truck?? That could also be spun into hunter harassment. Just saying give the guy his due process. Witch hunts were for the old days.

call the whambulance cry baby

To each his own brothers. Clear goggles never hurt anyone And all I was saying. I'll go back to crying now. I don't know chad at all but if something happened to me I would hope that I had at bare minimum due process from my supposed comrades, the hunting community.

• Like 5

AZGFD works pretty methodically in their law enforcement.. Does anyone know anyone that was accused by our AZGFD, that got out of it in court? I do not. I am not sure if they ever officially accused Wagner of a crime, rather investigated him.

Usually they have their ducks in a row when they publicly accuse someone.

Couesmagnet-- This particular guide has been on a lot of people's radar for a long time. Hard not to immediately publicly convict him. I look forward to all the details of this case. I understand your point though, lynch mobs are always a bad thing. Look at ferguson, Madison, LA and I am sure there are a few other instances of lynch mobs.

well hopefully they had Shawn in charge of this one - remember he waited days to catch- get the evidence on the unsuspecting duck hunter with his son - for one duck

• Like 3

I believe in innocent until proven guilty. But from my experience way more often than not if any law enforcement has probable cause to charge someone then their most likely the culprit. Now being able to prove beyond a reasonable doubt in court is a whole new story! This is where most of your criminals will walk. This doesn't mean their not guilty of anything just means the state couldn't show the burden of proof. Very, Very, Very rarely is someone charged of a crime that is completely innocent IMO. Just ironic he had his licenses suspended already once in his life and now is being charged with it again???

• Like 1

"AZGFD works pretty methodically in their law enforcement.. Does anyone know anyone that was accused by our AZGFD, that got out of it in court? I do not. I am not sure if they ever officially accused Wagner of a crime, rather investigated him. "

HuntHarder: I don't know about its record in court since I stopped "covering" AZGFD as the outdoor editor for a Tucson newspaper. However, from 1967-1994, darned few accused game-law violators lost their cases if they pleaded not guilty and hired an attorney. Those who served as their own lawyers had fools for clients and almost always were found guilty.

Bill Quimby