Explorer

Vaquero outfitters charged with chasing antelope

Check out the Prescott Courier website for the story. Chad Smith is living up to his reputation.

Wow.
"Smith denied having any hunting clients on the property, and said he never guided Atkinson until Wildlife Officer Darren Tucker showed him a photo of Atkinson with a trophy mule deer buck on Smith's Facebook page."

It's a shame. Some CWT members were directly impacted by this POS. To herd a wounded buck away from the rightful Hunter trying to make recovery is a low low act in my book.

This guy needs to be slapped with jail time.

• Like 6

I cold not agree more, total dick move if it is true. I hope they throw him under the jail.

Yes, If he is actually guilty.

I don't think there has been a trial yet or has he pled guilty?

• Like 2

IF he is guilty throw the book at his asss, but until then lets not jump to conclusions.... We all know the media does not wait until all the pertinent facts are presented to start their public hanging of a person.

• Like 3

If you guys remember I believe it was someone on here who blew the whistle and made statements. There's a thread I. Here somewhere that told the story. I'm trying to find it. Way to go cwt.com

• Like 1

I have known several people who have been accused of a wildlife crime by AZGFD. Not one of them has ever been acquitted of the charges... They either will plead or waste a bunch of money trying to fight a losing battle. Especially if USF&W is involved.

"Both the Fort Rock and ORO contain some STATE TRUST LANDS but the owners have closed them to the general public for hunting, Poppenberger said. He estimated the Fort Rock covers about 200,000 acres, and it's owned by Rex Maughn." ........ This is what really angers me (if true). --- Bill Quimby

• Like 1

Getting off topic, but pretty much every large private ranch that plays the exclusivity card in northern arizona contains state trust land within its boarders that it does not allow the public to access or hunt. Big Bo, X - 1, Oro, Fort Rock, all of the blue is state trust:

post-8768-0-65094000-1425942653_thumb.jpg

To lock off public lands and then try to prevent people from legally hunting the lands adjacent should be considered theft. It's stealing publicly owned property from the public. This guy sucks.

• Like 2

I've always thought that ranches that have state trust land trapped within their boundaries, should have to purchase said trust land from the state. It's really lame that they treat it like their private land access wise, but don't have to pay for it. Basically it's everyone's land but no one can use it but the landowner. In many instances, a road is locked going to state trust land just cause it goes through a small sliver of private. If you want to control the land then pay for it!!!! I wish some non landowner with a helicopter would fly in and land on the state trust land within the boundaries and hunt right in the middle of some of these places. You could have a hay day on some of these 2 mile by 2 mile sections of state trust land within the ranch itself. Just an idea for anyone out there with the means to try it. I would be glad to tag along!!

• Like 5

You guys are getting way off the subject,I thought the thread was about Chad Smith,and the helicopter.