DotShot

New Long Range rig

Here is the rifle i was seeking advice on barrel break-in, bullet choices etc. I just cant wait to go out and shoot it. I still need to put the Harris bi-pod and the sling on it but thats easy stuff. I absolutely love the way it feels when its in my shoulder and that is something i always prefer, if it doesnt feel good, its not for me.

post-962-0-58274500-1426613359_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

you'll love the Sendero, most people agree that they are the best out of the box LR rifle out there. they are getting hard to come by. i have one in .264 win mag that is probably going up for sale soon. they are heavier than i like to carry

It should shoot great for you then if it FEELS good. I have noticed if you are not comfortable behind your rifle you will not see your or its potential.

• Like 1

Just ordered the new scope, Vortex Viper HS 6-24x50 LR FFP XLR as well as the Kenton Industries custom turrets and cannot wait to get it in and go shoot this thing!

Did you order the Kenton turrets before you worked up a load?

I actually have not ordered the turrets that was a copy and paste typo, i've got a friend who has this same gun, same caliber and we're gonna start with the load he's worked up for his and go from there. I wouldn't order the turret until i've found a load that works for mine.

Ok, that makes a little more sence. Your going to love the gun!

You guys are going to help educate me. Why do you need to work up a load before you order custom turrets? I thought all need is to find he velocity of the bullet and the weight as well and then you can find your MOA or Mil isn't that correct? Help speed me guys !! :)

You guys are going to help educate me. Why do you need to work up a load before you order custom turrets? I thought all need is to find he velocity of the bullet and the weight as well and then you can find your MOA or Mil isn't that correct? Help speed me guys !! :)

If you just load any load and any seating depth then yes you will have a speed and weight of bullet. BUT is that load ACCURATE? probably not. So hence the work up of a load till you find your right powder, primer, seating depth, ect. Then when all that is figured out you can get the speed and all the other info needed to get the custom turret. I don't rely on custom turrets just because temperature, humidity, Station Pressure will be changing all the time. Better to take current reading and dial from there.

• Like 2

You should ALWAYS verify your data at 100,300,500,700,1000 yards before you order a custom turret. All the good balistic shooting programs have 'Range Validation" built into the system. This allows you to change or update your true balistic info after testing it. Almost everyone will need to tweek their program a little.

Honestly, custom turrets are not the best way to shoot long range. There are too many things that can change for a custom turret to work all the time. The best is to calculate your moa for each shot to include wind, altitude, air density, shot angle,etc... This will give you the BEST true balistic calculation. This is why so many long range shooters are buying the BR2 Rangefinder from Gunworks. The BR2 does all these things after being set up. Makes for easy & quick calculations. If you don't have the money, like me. You can use a good shooting program like "shooter". It does the same thing, just takes longer!

Adam

• Like 3

For the 300 RUM I recommend the Berger 230gr Hybrid. Me and my friends have had great results with them.

I have 3 turrents sofar , won't buy another . MOA is the true ticket for long range shooting .

Lot more dead on ! Plus love using Shooter App for wind and distance. For a dead on turrents , you need to shoot 50 yard increments out to 1000 , send them true MOA . For them to really dial one in . Plus if you change elevation, you will need another one , then another one for much higher elation . Learn to get the best out of your scope all ready to go