azshtr

Did that get deleted?

Not defending him but before the lynch mob shows up let's remember he's 16!

When I was 16 I was driving, had a part time job, and going to High School. I guess I was just raised differently.

And it wasn't just trout with a shotgun. Three jack rabbits with I think a 300 Win. Mag. I still have the video that was posted but not the stills. To watch the video I had to download it to my computer to view it.

No kidding longshooter. Kids do stupid things all the time and me and my friends were probably the kings of it. Funny how we all turned out just fine. Everyone of us have great jobs now, not a one of us are on food stamps, welfare, AHCSS and are all productive members of society.

Hopefully the kid learns from this and he doesn't get into trouble, if that is the worst thing he does in his life I am going to say he will be just fine and a far better kid than I was.

• Like 4

Man....one would think you guys could use this as a "learning experience" for these kids instead of a bash fest and boast about how perfect you were as a teenager.

These kids messed up and could use a little guidance. I'm sure most, actually all of us, have made mistakes that we could learn from. I'd suggest you guys relax a bit and may reach out a hand instead of crucify some kids who are the future of out sport and past time. Let's make sure they can learn to be good examples and carry it forward the right way.

I can't remember the names of the kids who made the post but if you guys have any questions or would like to head out sometime with me and my 17 year old brothers to do some fishing, hiking, hunting, or whatever just send me a PM. I live up on the North Phoenix area.

• Like 4

I say he should get the same punishment as Shawn Waggner

A $100,000 check?

Is there something wrong with shooting jacks with a 300 win mag?

Not that I know of but posting the video does not shed great light on the hunting community, in my opinion. I have never shot one with anything bigger than a .22. Then again I never knew my grandfather because he was killed in a hunting accident before I was born and my father worked as firearms examiner for NMSP so I got to see plenty of pictures of what guns do to humans. Yes these "kids" made bad choices, many kids do and get prosecuted for them if illegal. I did not make the best decisions and have the burn scars to prove it. Two of the "kids" I knew growing up started hanging out with the wrong crowd and made one bad decision. Their sentence was 30 years to life for murder, they were 16 and 17 at the time.

So did they do anything illegal? I don't know, possible waste of a game fish. I will say they were wrong and make us all look bad. I think at the least they should apologize.

All I got to say is, I'm so lucky we did not have cell phone cameras when I was a kid.

Amen Brother!

• Like 1

The reality is that the parents are the ones who are ultimately accountable and the actions of teens can end up taking away the rights of the parent as well as fines. I can agree we all did stupid things growing up , but I grew up in a time where it only took a look from my dad or grandfather to know I would never be doing that again... When my friends and I (before paintball guns were around) cut off the tops of 410 shells emptying the shot and leaving the wadding in so we could proceed to play war, the whipping from the belt when my dad found out was far worse than getting hit at 30 feet with that wadding (and that too left a nice welt and bruise) ... I think these newer generations lack a great deal of respect and discipline in a majority of their decisions,when they approach situations and people, and that the parents here have a great opportunity to teach them a lesson, only question is will they?

• Like 3