4Falls

pedal boat

Has any one used on of these for fishing from? Thinking about giving it a try on these little lakes around Prescott.

Got to have strong legs, takes a lot of effort to move them around

Might think about investing in a float tube and some decent waders. Shouldn't cost you that much and I don't know about a pedal boat but a float tube it's great to fish from

Guest 300ultramag.

put in on a golf course and throw a pop 'R' at night you might catch over 60 LMB

not that I tried that but i think it might work.. get acess permission first :ph34r:

We just used one in San Diego and it was a lot of work and actually a pain to paddle. I would not want to be out in the wind without a trolling motor. I have noticed almost all of them at the lakes in the neighborhood have trollers on them.

I think a fishing kayak would be a better bet if you are buying something. But if you have one free for your use then you can't beat that, I would give it a try.

• Like 1

It's one of those ideas almost every fisherman has pondered. I have used them and know it's not for me. Would put you in shape for hunting though!

Id prefer a kayak as well, but the pedal boat is available. I've been on Goldwater lake with it and pedaled around all over without too much effort. It seems to move better with a slower steady pace. What the heck may as well give it a try.

• Like 1

Sure, it will work...you can ride your moped at Sturgis too if you want.

Yeah I probably won't be entering any bass tourneys with this rig.

Pedal boats are a nice steady platform if the wind isn't blowing. I used to fish a park from them since they were the only watercraft allowed in the lake. Most are stable enough to stand up and bass fish from.

I've used some pedal boats that were well maintained and they weren't to bad to get around in. Others were a nightmare to move 10 feet. Depends on the condition of the boat.

I have not but I did see a guy in a pedal kayak fishing the marsh when I was in Louisiana in February.