Sign in to follow this  
Titanium700

Leftover list is available.

I called the G&F a few years back when leftover Hopi hunts were available for the first time. They told me they were unit wide if you could get one. A friend called yesterday and was told they were now restricted to Hopi lands.

Does anyone know if this is true or is it another case of Dept employees not knowing what they are talking about?

it tells you in the notes the boundaries and how to obtain access to certain parts of the unit.

...ie., 5BN is all of 5BN and so on. if it's limited op then the notes will give boundaries.

dept. employee not knowing or explaining properly.

James

He was told twice now from both Flagstaff and Phoenix offices that Hopi hunts are restricted to Indian lands regardless of what unit they are in. Example is #3820. It is a 5BN hunt but is restricted to Hopi lands only. I was told when I inquired about it that if you drew that tag it would be good for all lands within that hunt unit. I know of some people that have taken illegal animals that were under the assumption that it was good unit wide.

Fully aware of the LO hunts. I have been lucky enough to have drawn a couple of them.

I called the G&F a few years back when leftover Hopi hunts were available for the first time. They told me they were unit wide if you could get one. A friend called yesterday and was told they were now restricted to Hopi lands.

Does anyone know if this is true or is it another case of Dept employees not knowing what they are talking about?

it tells you in the notes the boundaries and how to obtain access to certain parts of the unit.

...ie., 5BN is all of 5BN and so on. if it's limited op then the notes will give boundaries.

dept. employee not knowing or explaining properly.

James

He was told twice now from both Flagstaff and Phoenix offices that Hopi hunts are restricted to Indian lands regardless of what unit they are in. Example is #3820. It is a 5BN hunt but is restricted to Hopi lands only. I was told when I inquired about it that if you drew that tag it would be good for all lands within that hunt unit. I know of some people that have taken illegal animals that were under the assumption that it was good unit wide.

Fully aware of the LO hunts. I have been lucky enough to have drawn a couple of them.

3,5,20,27,42) Hopi Hunt in Unit 5B North

boundary notes...

note # 5

5B North Hunt Unit - That portion of Unit 5B
located north of the following roads: Beginning
at the junction of FH 3 (Lake Mary/Clints Well
Road) and FR 125; east on FR 125 to FR 82;
south on FR 82 to FR 69B; east on FR 69B to FR

Looks like Dept personnel should learn what they are talking about before they give out info. Conflicting information is not good especially when it concerns a government agency and law enforcement issues.

Does AZ Game and Fish cash the money orders for leftover applications when not drawn? If not, what is the process of getting your money back from an uncashed money order?

Does AZ Game and Fish cash the money orders for leftover applications when not drawn? If not, what is the process of getting your money back from an uncashed money order?

it will be cashed and if unsuccessful they will take your $13 ap fee and send you a check for the balance

James.

it will be cashed and if unsuccessful they will take your $13 ap fee and send you a check for the balance

James.

They've never cashed mine. They always sent me back My app and check.

• Like 1

I thought they pulled the first 126 applicants or the amount needed to fill the alotted tags and just sent the unopened (unlucky applicants) back to sender. I don't recall being charged another processing fee for leftovers, I may be wrong though.

James.

They've never cashed mine. They always sent me back My app and check.

I thought they cashed and and took another fee out......

my bad..............

james

I think we got jacked last year on a deer ap

probably mis remembering.... better ask the boss

who needs a beer?!

James

I think we got jacked last year on a deer ap

probably mis remembering.... better ask the boss

who needs a beer?!

James

Is beer singular like deer because I need a herd of beer.

Sent my app in from Tucson this morning. I am a little worried because the postal service said it would be delivered by Monday @ 3:00pm, that's way past when they open their doors to start opening mail by 0800. I paid an additional $16.75 so that it would be delivered by tomorrow (no signature required) and praying like a mofo that they have a mail slot that they can deliver to.

Don't know if I pissed away $16.75, but like the Az Lottery, you can't win if you don't play.

Fingers and toes crossed.

• Like 1

I got the late season coon canyon archery hunt last year. No shortage of elk that is for sure. This year I have no interest I want to shoot a bull in June, July or August in one of the otc units.

• Like 2

For anyone who sent in a app to try to get a left over..... what hunts did u try for and when did you send in your app? I tried for the limited unit 1 hunts and sent mine off this afternoon from pinetop which means it wont get to phx until Monday afternoon and by then it'll be too late im sure. Oh well

why would there be a app fee? so if you sent in a app with a $148 check youll get rejected?

Since there are 126 hunt permit-tags still available (obtained only through application and drawing procedures) you need to pay $148.00 which includes a $13 application fee, ALL nonpermit-tags (OTC) are $135.00. These can be purchased at any Dept office or license dealer.

For anyone who sent in a app to try to get a left over..... what hunts did u try for and when did you send in your app? I tried for the limited unit 1 hunts and sent mine off this afternoon from pinetop which means it wont get to phx until Monday afternoon and by then it'll be too late im sure. Oh well

I sent my last year from Show Low and got one.