Sign in to follow this  
Titanium700

Leftover list is available.

How is there leftover tags for a unit I put as my first choice.

Is it a different hunt number?

Ha anyone hunted these Hopi 4A north or 5A hunts?

Any access issues?

Guide required or anything else I would need to know about?

You get to hunt the entire unit. Due to land access deals the game and fish set aside a certain number of permits for Hopi tribal members only to apply. If they do. Any permits they didn't apply for then the left overs are up to grab for us non tribal members. You can hunt the entire unit as you would in the general hunts. Unless it's of course 4a north which is the areas outside of the national forest boundaries. Or specified restrictions with any boundaries. Hope this helps.

If it says limited opportunity it is just the hopi land, not the entire unit.

And to clarify the limited opportunity hunts on hopi land are the 4a,5a,5b units.

nope, these tags are open for anyone weather your tribal or not. All these below are for the entire unit not just tribal areas, good luck on the second draw.

Youth Rifle Hunt # 3807 1 4A See Hunt Regulations* (Oct 9-Oct 15) Archery Only Bull Elk Hunt No. Number of Permits Unit 3815 1 4A See Hunt Regulations* (Nov 6-Nov 19) 3816 1 5A See Hunt Regulations* (Nov 6-Nov 19 ) 3817 1 5B North See Hunt Regulations* (Nov 6-Nov 19) Archery Only Antlerless Elk Hunt No. Number of Permits Unit 3818 2 4A See Hunt Regulations* (Sep 11-Sep 24) 3819 1 5A See Hunt Regulations* (Sep 11-Sep 24)

I called the G&F a few years back when leftover Hopi hunts were available for the first time. They told me they were unit wide if you could get one. A friend called yesterday and was told they were now restricted to Hopi lands.

Does anyone know if this is true or is it another case of Dept employees not knowing what they are talking about?

I called the G&F a few years back when leftover Hopi hunts were available for the first time. They told me they were unit wide if you could get one. A friend called yesterday and was told they were now restricted to Hopi lands.

Does anyone know if this is true or is it another case of Dept employees not knowing what they are talking about?

it tells you in the notes the boundaries and how to obtain access to certain parts of the unit.

...ie., 5BN is all of 5BN and so on. if it's limited op then the notes will give boundaries.

dept. employee not knowing or explaining properly.

James