Sign in to follow this  
218buck

Tessa's opening day Turkey success

Very Cool!

Congrats

Yes!! Congrats!

Congratulations to your daughter on a very nice bird. Good luck on the upcoming elk hunt. Thanks for sharing! :)

TJ

Congrats to Tessa for getting that Algebra Grade up, holding straight As, and Her successful hunt... WAY TO GET IT DONE! Big Props to Mom and Dad for putting those grades first ... Not the easiest thing to do , but the best ... I know, I was just reminding my son the other day about keeping his grades up if he wants to go on an application for a Deer hunt this year.

Att'a Girl!!! Way to go Tessa, congtrats on a great bird! Good job on conquering the school work too B)

My daughter Tessa was able to take her first turkey opening day of the Arizona spring season. She was not going to get to miss school for the opener if she did not have straight A's she needed to bring up her algebra grade up on Tuesday she informed us it was now an A . Perfect we left after school Thursday an were up at 4:30 on Friday to start the hunt. We set up on a bird at first light only to have him spook at 80 yards a couple more failed attempts were made before lunch. The afternoon was tough do to bad weather but we did locate some more birds. We set up our Avian X Merriam decoys started calling and this bird came in on a rope straight to the decoys Tessa shot him at 20 yards I was very proud of her she knew exactly what to do when he came in she has just turned 14 and has now collected 6 of her animals for the big 10 she drew an elk tag this year I can't wait to go with her I don't know who enjoys it more her or me I can't think of anything else that I would rather do .

I believe this is the first turkey to ever be taken out of this unit according to the game warden that's kind of cool.

Right on! Congratulations to Tessa on a super bird. Way to go on the grades and good luck on the elk hunt. She is quite the huntress.