naturebob

Rifle scope ?

With all the scopes for sale all the time I am wandering what has been Your experience or opinion as to what is the best all around. I know some are great optics as far as seeing things but which one are the most rugged and can take the most shock and beating from high powered rifles. Look at differerent price ranges too. Like $300, 600-700 and on up to the high $ ones. I got a 300 win mag and put a $650 vortex on it. Everyone talks how they have the best warranty, but my op is build a good product and you won't have to use the warranty..........Thanks in advance..........BOB!

Vortex is great! If can carry the weight then night force is awesome! If you trust a poor redneck then I'd buy sightron, cheap and very good glass!! Or name brand like most want but very good

• Like 1

Leupold scopes are the best for my money. I like the vx3 4.5-14

I just got my Vortex Bob. Don't know what model you got but mine is the 6x24 50mm EBR1 FFP PST Viper. I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet but from EVERY review I have seen with except of maybe 3, and I have read hundreds, they all say it is one of the best scopes for the $. I will let you know my thoughts once I have used it.

Leupolds will stand up to just about anything you can throw at them. I've seen them on guns that the recoil will throw 50 lbs of shot off a lead sled and have not seen one broken yet.

I have had some from pretty much every company, I have fallen and broken 2 Leopold and one Swarovski, and my brother broke my Burris. I learned after that I will buy vortex. each one had its little problems some had sloppy turrets till I sent them back. some would hit the end of the elevation run and slip out and off the tracks. some ended up with wobbly glass after a year of shooting. every one pretty much fixes that. its when you fall and break a 600-2500 dollar scope. only one company I know of will fix it or give you a new one no questions asked. and that Vortex.

• Like 1

I've always had luepolds. But just put a big night force on my gun and so far like it a lot. its heavy but so is my gun so doesn't really matter. 😉

I have tested some of the top names Nightforce, Valdada, Sightron, Vortex, Leupold.

It depends on what you are looking for.

For strength, dependability, and Lots of elevation I would say Nightforce/Valdada.

For dependability, lots of elevation, and very little weight Sightron/Leupold.

For warranty Vortex. :)

Not to diss on vortex but I have owned 5 different lower end scopes HS, PST, Diamondback, crossfire, and man they all needed work only after a little use.

Every scope has little flaws like its too heavy, edge clarity, not enough adjustments, ect. You have to pick the one that has all the features you want and don't want.

I have owned all mentioned above. But the only scope that had a great balance (24oz weight, very great clarity, LOTS of elevation, Tracked .9998578% perfection (which was the best), great warranty,) was the Sightron SIII 6-24X50 scopes. I have both FFP and SFP. The FFP has 95 moa of elevation, and the SFP has 105 moa of elevation. These scope have some of the best tracking (if not the best) in the industry. Sightron claims to have the best tracking and from all the tests I have ran they do. The scopes do not come with a zero stop but for a hunting scope I do not need a zero stop. For PRS you probably would. that was the only flaw this scope had was not having a zero stop. You can find the FFP for around 850.00 some places.

These again are all my experiences and recommendations. I do not work for any of these companies. When my friends call me and want to get a HUNTING scope I tell them to come shoot my gun to see the scope in action. After that they save themselves lots of money buying the sightron. When they actually mount the scope they fall in love. Maybe some will chime in to what I mean.

• Like 2

Murf, My vortex is the viper vhs-4307-lr 4-16x50. I bought it when I got the gun 2 years ago. Have barely shot it. Had a muzzle break put on gun By a buddy in Casper when I was down antelope hunting last sept. Only shot about 10 founds thru out to 200 yards. Gotta shoot it out to 500-600 and get ready for the elk hunt. Thats why I bought the gun with a elk hunt coming in 1-2 years. Iv'e always had leoupold but heard they had some problems with shock of the big guns. A buddy did some researching and I followed his take. He is very very thorough. So far the only thing I don't like on it when You bring it up quick to shoot its not easy to find your target. You needs some time to adjust. i did shoot a muley in Montana at a little over 200 year ago Nov. I was waiting for the weather to warm up here to shoot. Hated doing it in the cold.. I got 3+ months to get it fine tuned. Thanks for the opinions everyone. We shall see if the vortex holds up and does its job.............BOB!

• Like 2

I have had some from pretty much every company, I have fallen and broken 2 Leopold and one Swarovski, and my brother broke my Burris. I learned after that I will buy vortex. each one had its little problems some had sloppy turrets till I sent them back. some would hit the end of the elevation run and slip out and off the tracks. some ended up with wobbly glass after a year of shooting. every one pretty much fixes that. its when you fall and break a 600-2500 dollar scope. only one company I know of will fix it or give you a new one no questions asked. and that Vortex.

I will break an arm or a leg before I let a rifle hit the ground. Your body will heal, rifles and scopes do not.

• Like 1

I will break an arm or a leg before I let a rifle hit the ground. Your body will heal, rifles and scopes do not.

I agree 100%

I'm shooting a new Burris veracity 5-25 on my .338 Lapua. Has all the great features you look for (ffp, great zero stop, good reticle, etc) for a hair under 1k. I like it better than the vortex pst. I think once these scopes catch on, a lot of people will be shooting them