Arizona Griz

Nice Coues Deer buck

I agree with you Rembrant, I'm way careful and suspicious of cyber sharing. I can't help but feel agitated a little at all the guesswork that goes into finding out exactly where this deer is. Don't get me wrong, I'd like to know also but you've gotta give some respect to the people who found the deer. They found it and we didn't so we should leave them alone and wish them the best. I do realize that a lot of the guesswork was all in good fun though. I get a little rubbed wrong because when I killed my last Coues buck with my bow back in '99 I had one guy that was relentless at trying to figure out where I killed him. He'd stare at the pictures and try his hardest to figure it all out. For one, the deer was already dead and two, if the guy put that much effort in finding his own spot he might have had a chance to harvest his own already with his own hard work.

I don't mean to make any of you mad by this post so please don't take offense to any of it.

Josh

PS: WHAT A FREAKIN GORGEOUS BUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The picture I got last year of a monster was just about a hundred yards down the hill from the main highway. This buck was seen not far from the road too. Maybe I am working to hard to get as far of the beaten path as I can. Just a thought.

I will never give up my long hikes in search of my next monster coues buck though.

Lesson for the day,

People should not try to shoot deer that other people found and had the courtesy to show you unless the finder is OK with that. If you go in and kill the finders deer after he had the courtesy of sharing such an awesome sight with you makes you a Wally. Wally's are not cool. Sometimes people who have killed alot of big deer are wally's because the drive to kill a big one consumes them and they forget that being a Wally is not cool. The general public usually does not forget that you are a Wally though. Try to be and stay Wally free <_<

Bret Mattausch

FYI: The term "Wally" has been officially changed to "Taulman"

Examples -

"I just stepped in a big pile of steaming Taulman."

"Dang, did you Taulman yourself?"

"Who Taulmaned in the tent?"

"Shut up, or I'll kick you in the Taulmans."

"Taulman happens"

"Don't be a Taulman"

and

"Honey, the baby's daiper is full of Taulman."

I still think it is unit 22. I think it is a kick trying to play detective and find out where he is talking about. Personally, even if he did tell me where it was at I wouldn't go try and kill it. I see to many critters that I want to shoot without trying to get his too.

Here is another example of how I believe a guy should be. I was in unit 9 last year hunting elk. Another guy I was camping with (but didn't know before the hunt) said he wanted to hunt this big bull(we both figured it would gross close to 400). I asked him if it was the one behind camp that looked a certain way. We shared some details and we both had seen the bull on several occasions before the hunt. I told him to go and shoot it and I would go some place else. I never hunted in that area the whole hunt. I wanted to but didn't think it was right. The only bummer was he didn't get the bull either so I didn't get to see it on the ground.

I guess even if some of us do find out where someone has a nice buck........it doesn't mean we will be a "WALLY". Unless of course you go home and I happen to be up there on a Tuesday. Then all bets are off.

Later,

recurveman

It is way wrong to Wally in on other people's stuff. I agree. That's called coveting.

My point is that if you put enough clues out there, somebody will.

It's also wrong to steal cars, but if you you leave your car sitting around with the keys in it. Guess what will happen?

Griz and his buddy don't seemed concerned about it, it's their business, and I'm glad they shared the pics.

If those guys find themselves sharing that unlikely hot spot with a bunch of other hunters, ultimately who's fault will that be?

Mike

Chris

The Headline on this thread should have been

WMD Found! Whitetail Monster Deer!

Awesome... Just plain Awesome.

Film for camera 3.99

Boots for Hike 69.99

Gas for the Trip 399.78 (didn't top it off)

These Photos... PRICELESS

Edited by az4life

there is not a spot in Az worth hunting that is not somebody elses! Or was somebody elses. Just keep it to yourself until he Buck is down!

Now this is a picture of a real nice Coues deer buck. Anyone in the Coues deer circle knows of this buck. This buck is one in a million life times. :)

15c2ce60.jpg

Right on 25-06, hard to mistake that hog. When I first watched that buck on video I about messed my shorts. Just the amount of mass on that deer is unreal. Thanks for posting that pic Griz as it's nice to see something that makes me get buck fever and I'm not even looking down my arrow.

Josh

Well the big buck that I posted pictures of at the beginning of this topic is nowhere to be found but my friend did get his brother, a mid 90in. buck. I will post pictures of him as soon as I get them. Hopefully this weekend I will be as lucky.

Congrats that is a nice buck still I would love to get one like that.

Edited by younghunter