Sign in to follow this  
bonecollector

G & F Call

Man people are really out doing whatever it takes to scam someone! It's scary because with the fall draw now in progress there would be people giving up their info without thinking twice. Sad...

Scary scam right there. Similar to the rut, it's the time of year to outsmart a hunter.

Good on you for sharing it, thanks, I'll be passing it on.

• Like 1

I may be wrong, but I once heard that the tags are processed by female inmates. They would have access to personal info. Anyone else ever heard this?

post-10954-0-33952500-1437004785_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Steal from a known hunter, logic from a true idiot.

The criminals are always trying to stay a step ahead they should be hung

I may be wrong, but I once heard that the tags are processed by female inmates. They would have access to personal info. Anyone else ever heard this?

I do believe they used to be done that way but not now

Ya, they are trying all kinds of angles. Wife got a call yesterday from some guy pretending to be calling about Dish Network. He said he could cut out bill, but of course, he needed our CC info.

Although I am not an expert on Cyber Security the basics are simple. Your bank, the Game and Fish or anyone dealing with your money will never ask you for your credit card or other personal identifiable information over the phone or in email however, they will send your security alerts via phone to verify purchases sometimes. One of the recent Phising scams I have seen personally is receiving and email from in some cases people you do business with and sometimes not, asking for you to click on a link to update your security info. What ever you do, don't click the link and destroy the email and report the issue to your banking or applicable folks. If you are retired military recently or still hold a clearance processed by OPM that has been in the new s lately I would be willing to bet some of my CW brothers and sisters have had this issue. In the Game and Fishs case they typically issue an alert to anyone that applied online with a CC to make sure your card is current and to change your info by a certain date if things have changed on a secure web site. With that said who knows what is secure. I forgot to state my currently serving military brothers and sisters are also at risk with this cyber crap. Bottom line is never give your PII info to someone on the phone or on the web unless your are sure it's as secure as possible and you know the source you are dealing with. Rule of thumb is call the reliable source and verify.

I am sure some of my CW cyber experts will pipe in on this and please do and correct me if I am wrong for the right of the CW order to make sure as this illegal industry evolves every day. Both Private, local and federal government get comprised everyday.

Hope everyone that drew fall tags have successful hunts