Hello everyone!!! I figured I'd try my odds at getting drawn for Coues in AZ. The CC got hit and I'm pretty sure its in unit 34B. I am new to the species. My question is what is the size of deer would hold out for?

go to the photo gallery and see what a lot of deer already taken look like

if your after a certain score like 100 + - it might turn out to be a tougher than normal hunt

Good luck and welcome to the CWT

First coues hunt? Something with antlers. Worry about score once you learn to hunt them

• Like 4

Most important thing is have fun any deer killed will be a success good luck

• Like 1

This will be the first Coues hunt, although I am a little familiar with them. From southwest NM you run into them every so often. I have caught a few on trail cams which led to the interest. Thanks for the reply's. Agreed any deer is success especially the grey ghost.

Be careful its contagious once its in your system you wont be able to get it out

That's a shooter in my book. I've caught coues fever and after my elk hunt I plan on trying to figure out unit 33 to find my first coues. Anything with a bone coming our of his head will be fair game for me.

Id hammer the first buck you see down there.

If you've never been there and going in blind, take the first legal deer you can.

My buddy from out of state drew the Nov 33 hunt, we will not be holding out for a monster. They are extremely small species. The average semi mature to mature buck you see when hunting non Coues in other states would be a giant Coues.

It'll be my first time this year as well...first antler I see will be shot at...

I'm not a "trophy" hunter - My thinking and mind set on which deer to take a shot at - is - I'll know - " this is the deer I want "

passing on deer has never been a problem for me and it really shouldn't be a problem for anyone

you'll know when you see him -- it doesn't have to be a 100+ buck

Putting you tag on him is a whole different challenge

Like stated above - Have fun

Agreed. no matter the outcome the hunt will be fun. I'm a fan of letting the game grow. just want to make sure it is a mature buck. If I come home without a deer I still have the memories.