Sign in to follow this  
218buck

Custom Loads

Does anyone know if there's any one in town that will take you gun and figure out a load for it . I have a 257 weatherby I would like to set up for hunting with a range of about 800 yards thanks

I don't know any place to load custom loads but if you want some load data I can give you some places to start. I have been working up my loads for a couple years now. I have a couple that shoot really well in my 257 Weatherby Vanguard.

I think western precision rifles will do that for you.

There is a guy out of Wilcox area that does it, I used him years ago

One of my favorite things to do is tinker with loads for a rifle. Do you not reload at all? Do you know any friends who reload and would be willing to help you get started?

One of my favorite things to do is tinker with loads for a rifle. Do you not reload at all? Do you know any friends who reload and would be willing to help you get started?

A good friend of mine does but he is a guide and will not be available until after his strip hunt . I would like to have this gun set up before then

Yep. Me.

Sounds like you have one very good option.

Do you reload yourself at all?

If so grab a pound of powder and some Berger VLDs and start working. I bet you find a good load pretty quick.

3.22 oal to start.

Man you are some lucky guy. How many tickets did you buy for that beautiful rifle. I don't know of anyone locally but in other parts of the country custom builders will work up loads for the specific rifle and even give you all the drops and ballistics chart. There's gotta be someone out there