Sign in to follow this  
EAS

2015 antler growth

Hey guys, I pulled my camera cards today and wanted to see if anyone else thinks the antler growth on mule deer seems a little late compared to last year at this time? I have the same deer on cam and I'm comparing last year and this years pics week by week and it just seems a little behind... Or is it just me? Post up some muley growth for fun anyway!

post-4709-0-53277700-1438482198_thumb.jpg

I'm wondering if opening day for archery will be enough time for full velvet growth potential?

Last year same buck in velvet, and a hard horn January pic... Some of you might remember me posting my chase last year on this buck, but I just couldn't get it done. I'd hate to smoke him too early when he still has 10 or 20 inches left to grow!

post-4709-0-36258000-1438527366_thumb.jpg

post-4709-0-78284400-1438527813_thumb.jpg

Man, what a pig. When was last year's velvet pic taken?

Man, what a pig. When was last year's velvet pic taken?

That was 8/11/14... So I'll check pics of him again before season opens this year... With hopes that he will be grown closer to potential! I'm having thoughts of waiting for the last 2 weeks of the Archery hunt to go after him, but don't want to push my luck and miss him again this season. Looks like the last week of the archery hunt is going into the dark/new moon so that might be a great time to catch them moving a little more in the day... Thoughts?

I'm actually thinking its a different deer,,,, Look at forehead patch.... One is going down to a point other is going up... Looks like possible Father/son/brother/cousin....maybe...?? Bottom line you get a shot take it...Cause I will and so will many others..."Good job on the family photos'

I couldn't tell if he was the same buck or not either. I have some others I'll post later even a real nice 4x4. I'm excited i got drawn for that December muzzleloader now it's just picking the best unit to hunt in since I have 5 to choice from.