Sign in to follow this  
Notime2hunt

Unit 23 Youth Hunt

usually easier for youth hunters to target mule deer. there are some great bucks of both species to be had in 23 though.

My kids have had the tag twice. They are 100 percent success with 4 mule deer with 1 buck over 150 and a 162 2 years ago. It's an awesome hunt. Oh yeah they both got it again this year. We are super excited. I will be around young. Pm me if you need help.

• Like 1

It's a neat hunt. We have noticed the mule deer bucks are in bachelor groups still. Also some are still in velvet and some are hard horned. What an amazing tag for a youth.

The Arizona Deer Association.....Will be holding it's annual.... YOUTH DEER AND COW ELK HUNT CAMP.. In unit 23 from Oct 8th / 11th.... EVERYTHING IS FREE !!!! We will serve breakfast - lunch and dinner to all Junior hunters and their families / hunting party. Snacks will also be available everyday. We will have personal on site to assist with locating game, tracking, retrieval and game care and anything else we can help with.

ALL Jr hunters that come into camp will receive a package that will include a ADA shirt, hat and a water bottle. ALL TAG holders will be entered into ( FREE DRAWINGS ) prizes will include but are not limited too.

1 - Weatherby sub moa rifle with vortex scope ( 308 cal )

4 - Pairs of 10 x 42 vortex binoculars

2 - vortex tripods

2 - pack frames

1 - cutco gut hook knife (engraved with Az Deer Association)

2 - havalon knifes

For those Jr tag holders that ( PRE REGISTER ) for the camp we will have a pre hunt drawing for a hunt package that will include the following. This is for both Deer and Elk tag holders !!!

1 - Pack frame with game bags

1 - cutco knife with Az Deer Association engraving

1 - havalon knife

1 - compact bonesaw

1 - vortex rangfinder

1 - Leupold golden ring compact spotting scope kit. Includes tripod, soft & hard case

1 - pair of vortex 10x42 binoculars

We will also have plenty of items for youth non tag holders....

PLEASE HELP IN MAKING THIS CAMP A SUCCESS....Spread the word...Tell your friends....Put your kids in for this hunt !!!!

You can register at azdeer1@cox.net or for more info please call Dave at 602-228-1719

• Like 4

Where is this junior camp located? and how does it work exactly? Do you stay there and camp? or just show up periodically after hunting? Sounds like a pretty cool deal. Can you still be a part of the camp without camping there? The jr's grandpa is old school and I'm sure he will want to camp with just family

Sir the camp is located on FS rd 512 where the pavement ends. Apx 4 miles from the 260/512 intersection. I will be posting a map and other info soon. You do NOT need to camp with us. Just stop by when you can.....

Sounds like a real sweet deal. Thanks for putting something like this on for our youth. I think the more time a kid spends in the outdoors the better!!! I'll definitely be signing my youngster up. Look forward to meeting you guys at the camp

Guy if you haven't taken advantage of this with your kids it's a must. And it keeps getting better every year. ADA does an amazing job for the kids and the deer. We go up and help out and I like to take kids or parents out who haven't hunted a lot or not at all. Nothing better than seeing a kid enjoy the outdoors and learning to hunt the right way

• Like 1