Mog

Headphones in the blind

Anyone have earpieces in while in the blind? Seems like it may instroduce some problems but may help pass some time, wondering what everyones opinion was?

Guest oneshot

I've seen/heard of people reading books, playing gameboy,etc while on stand...

Personaly, there is enough going on in the wild to keep me busy and aware...

To miss a chance at an animal because I was pluged-in??? How dumb is that...

Guest akaspecials

I'll do books on tape with one head phone in. I always leave one out so I can hear animals or other hunters. Just make sure you can shoot with a headphone in. You need to physically make sure the cords won't get tangled and that you can still concentrate on the target with whatever you have in your ear.

I use them all the time in a blind, one ear only. I always take it out to shoot. This year I'm going with wireless earpiece.

Brian

Take a pillow and go to sleep, that's makes the time go the fastest.

• Like 3

i'll nap or play games or read in the times when deer don't show up. seems like 9-11 and 2-4 are the best times for me in august over salt

Guest akaspecials

You can't call yourself a hunter if you have to listen to music while in the blind

You can't call yourself a hunter if you've never spent enough time in a blind to want some headphones.

Ive tried the headphone thing but it causes my ears to play tricks on me. I usually bring a book. Those 14+ hour days in the blind in August can be brutal. Especially the days when not even the trees are moving.

You can't call yourself a hunter if you have to listen to music while in the blind

if you shoot a trout with a shotgun are you a hunter or a fisherman?

Bwahahahahaha!!!!!

if you shoot a trout with a shotgun are you a hunter or a fisherman?[/quote

He must have forgot about that one

• Like 1

You can't call yourself a hunter if you've never spent enough time in a blind to want some headphones.

Maybe if I lived out east. I actually spot and stalk hunt rather than plant my a$$ in a lawn chair and drink beer all day waiting for a deer