Mog

Headphones in the blind

You can't call yourself a hunter if you have to listen to music while in the blind

You can't call yourself a hunter if you've never spent enough time in a blind to want some headphones.
It's a true statement akaspecials.....if you have spent days in a blind or on a stand it does get boring. I used to read a book while sitting but started leaving the books at camp last year because I get into the book and then don't pay close enough attention to the task at hand (hunting).

Ok I will say what everybody is thinking, if you sit in a blind or spot in stalk you are inferior hunters. You all need to be like me and still hunt. I am a better hunter, smarter and better looking than anybody that would sit in a blind or prespot their quarry.

Just kidding, except for the looks part. The kid will learn hunting is hunting when he has a few more seasons under his belt.

• Like 1

Geezus, this thread took a detour...

• Like 1

I don't have as much experience blind hunting as many of you do, but I spent 3 VERY LONG days in a blind waiting on a specific buck a few years ago and considered the headphones question myself. Ultimately I was paranoid that the buck I was after might pick up on the slight noise, no matter how faint. So I stuck with my book. Probably read 800 pages that trip and never got my buck. I'd love to hear from some of you more experienced blind guys on the possibility of noise from the earphones being picked up by game?

i sit in blinds from dark till dark every year. i am a reader. i have considered headphones, but am afraid i won't hear the deer coming in. those 16 hour days get really long after 3 or 4 of them in a row.

• Like 3

I haven't spent much time in a blind or treestand, but I don't think I could ever listen to music, I dont like the noise. Now I have worn them while glassing on scouting trips. I find that classical music calms me and helps me to slow down and glass more effectively.

• Like 1

In January I mostly do spot and stalk but August hunts always finds me in a tree stand for about 13 hours a day. I read a lot. I have books loaded on my cell phone. I have trained myself to look around after every page I turn or at the end of a paragraph. Im actually more aware and spends better quality time looking so I see more this way then I did when I wasn't reading and I was daydreaming. That's not to say I haven't had a doe sneak in without seeing her first. However that's happened when I wasn't reading as well.

If you want to read, jam out, do a crossword, it doesn't matter as it's all good in the woods. Different strokes for different folks.

And I can't resist, bradbaker, as I said on the trout shooting thread, you really outta think before you post. Calling out one's way to hunt says a lot about your character and maturity level. If you want to be viewed as a narrow-minded, inexperienced kid on this site, you've done a good job thus far.

• Like 3

No headphones for me when I sit in a treestand or blind. I have heard way too many deer (or turkey, coyote, one lion, elk, antelope, squirrels, etc.) coming or moving through to give up that important sense. I do read, a lot, when sitting a stand. I am like GotBowAZ. I read a page at most between scanning all around for game. It helps keep me from dozing when sitting for hours on end.

• Like 1

By the way,......Who sits on their a$$ in a lawn chair and drinks beer while hunting?????

Am I missing something????? Is this a new trend??????

I used sit in some kind of a blind all the time back in Wisconsin. I'm afraid of heights, so tree stands were out of the question. I would bring a book with me just about every time. Haven't tried it here yet though.....Maybe I should try it on those desert mulies

You can't call yourself a hunter if you have to listen to music while in the blind

You can't call yourself a hunter if you've never spent enough time in a blind to want some headphones.
It's a true statement akaspecials.....if you have spent days in a blind or on a stand it does get boring. I used to read a book while sitting but started leaving the books at camp last year because I get into the book and then don't pay close enough attention to the task at hand (hunting).

Ha ha ha I can can see nature girl now! Sitting in her blind reading Harry Potter as she says " stupid 110" buck I'm in the middle of Harry's and Lord Voldermort dual figh! Why now!! " :) I would too be to distracted :)

By the way,......Who sits on their a$$ in a lawn chair and drinks beer while hunting?????

I used sit in some kind of a blind all the time back in Wisconsin. I'm afraid of heights, so tree stands were out of the question. I would bring a book with me just about every time. Haven't tried it here yet though.....Maybe I should try it on those desert mulies

I dont know about that , but your avatar looks like a bar tender. I'll have one more.... ;)

I dont know about that , but your avatar looks like a bar tender. I'll have one more.... ;)

Naw,. That's at home. I don't mix beer and guns. I really do think the blind idea sounds interesting