Sign in to follow this  
AZ_SAWBUCK

.22-250?

Has anyone used this round or something similar to take Coues? I'm shooting a 55 grain varmint round out of my Ruger American. Any opinions on if it is too small for deer? Thanks JS

better than a bow, so yeah it'll work. use a good bullet and don't shoot in the brush. i love the .22/250. Lark

Works just fine. My daughter took her first 3 deer with a 22-250. 60gr partitions did the number. Shots were from 180 - 240 yards.

1:10" Twist. I don't know much about different barrels. But its a stock rifle with an adjustable trigger, 22" barrel and weighs 6.4 pounds. I have only shot it out to about 300 yards and its pretty accurate!

I used a 22-250 for two years, the first year it killed my brother and I's coues in one shot. The next year I shot the deer 7 times at 340 yards before he expired. It was a terrible experience and I recommend using a different caliber rifle because of it.

My wife shot her first deer with my 22-250 Sendero and 1 good shot with a 55 gr core lock and he was down I would say keep shots under 200

The energy at 340 might have not been sufficient.

More D

Energy? Not a good ballistic term.

Bullet in good area = stuff dead.

Great kids cartridge too....

• Like 1

Key is knowing the limits of you and your gun but I was going to use a 22-250 this year but had to sell it I would use a 60 gr solid bullet and push it hard and fast