Sign in to follow this  
cfr1

17b/19b Muzzleloader Hunt

I drew the 17b/19b muzzleloader hunt that start on Sept. 4th. I was wondering if any of you guys have hunted this and if anyone has any pointers with the access issues! I appreciate the help! Flatlander I sent you a pm but it says your message box is full!

Your hunt starts in like 3 weeks and you are still trying to figure out access issues?

• Like 5

how many points did you have to draw that tag

• Like 1

I guarantee he did'nt have 18+, like so many of us that would cut off a finger for that tag

I've never hunted 17b/19b nor do I have any knowledge of access issues. I do wish you the best on your hunt and I look forward to seeing you post some pictures of your success.

If you don't mind sharing I too would like to know how many points you had going into the draw? Good luck on your hunt and welcome to the cwt family. It can get a little rough at times but the ride is definitely worth it. :)

TJ

• Like 1

I don't know about access issues either, but agree with TJ...welcome to the site and looking forward to pics and story from your hunt. I can tell you during my archery hunt we saw several bucks off hwy 89 and I believe that ranch has walk-in access. Not sure about muzzy but definitely during archery. (No secret spot...well-known and discussed in a couple other places on this site)

Your hunt starts in like 3 weeks and you are still trying to figure out access issues?

I guarantee he did'nt have 18+, like so many of us that would cut off a finger for that tag

Nice first post

you guys are salty af.

• Like 6

I have the same tag and am pumped for the hunt! I have made at least 8 scouting trips since I have found out I drew the tag you can fine some spots to hunt its not that hard just go up and take a look around best of luck too you and maybe see you out there

• Like 1

Sorry, my inbox gets filled up from draw results. There is plenty of land to hunt with the very limited number of tags now being issued.

Easiest spot South of Chino on 89. Deep well ranch, walk in access permitted, no permission required, lots of goats, plenty of 80" plus. Go tag out day one if you like. If you want to check out somewhere else the Yavapai ranch also has a little bit of public access. It was pretty hit and miss for me on whether there were any goats on it or not. There is some additional area up near 40, both north and south. Nothing secret about any of these spots. Everything else I learned from the info on the AZGFD website. Good luck.

• Like 5

A buddy of mine lucked out and drew a 19b rifle tag and we discovered that you can apply for access to a couple of ranches via an online application on their website. So I figured I'd share the info, check out http://cvranchhunting.com. At least access is potentially available to a limited few. The only kicker is that a tag holder can only have 1other person accompany them.

• Like 1

That is a pretty huge development. There has been 0 access on those ranches for several years as far as I know. Should be good hunting if they let anyone in there.

Thanks for all the useless info greyghost. I had 18 bonus points for the tag. I have been putting in for this tag since I was a teenager. First antelope tag in my life. I filled out the application for the CV ranch and never heard anything back. I have been down there scouting multiple times and I am fired up for the hunt. Thanks to those that provided info!

• Like 3