Sign in to follow this  
PhxDT

Bummed about Swarovksi Customer Service

I bought a Swarovski tripod adapter for my 10x42EL's about 6-7 years ago, I think. So, the adapter broke, and I contacted Swarovski to see what it would cost to get it fixed.

They responded by telling me that they don't fix the old style anymore, and suggested I buy the new style at full price from their website. I don't recall what I paid for the adapter, but was really bummed that they didn't do more for me.

Unfortunate, especially when the adapter was super expensive to begin with.

Do yourself a favor and go to the outdoorsman and have them put the stud in your el's and use theirs. The older El adapter was a major POS!!!

• Like 3

Wasn't though? but it was so expensive. What is the outdoorsman?

+1 for the outdoorsman tripod adapter, by far better and less expensive.

I disagree. If you like your binoculars swiveling when glassing, get the outdoorsmans adapter. I will not use anything but my old Swarovski adapter. It sits much more stable than any adapter I have found.

That's a bummer. I contacted them a couple years ago about the same thing. They sent me a new one at 85% off as they were no longer carrying them. There have been a couple for sale on the different forums the past couple months. Good luck....

Had the same thing happen to me. When I got my new binos I had the outdoorsman stud installed. Best thing I could have done! If the binos are swiveling when your glassing with this setup, your doing it wrong.

• Like 3

It's not wrong, thats how they are designed. They hang from the stud, allowing the user to move the binoculars closer together, further apart and swiveling to the left and right.

If you sit back behind your tripod, like you are looking at the eyepieces, do yours turn clockwise or counter clockwise easily? The 5-6 different outdoorsman setups I have used do. That is my main complaint. Not to mention the pistol grip is much too sensitive. When you squeeze the trigger the whole binocular wants to fall like there is not enough tension in the pistol grip to hold it up.

Try this:

Once you put the binos on the outdoorsman adapter and twist to lock it in, put your hand under the right side of the binocular and push up. The left side of the binoculars will tilt down. This is the swiveling I'm referring to. It drives me crazy.

Here is what I use:

Screen%20Shot%202015-08-19%20at%2011.20.

There is no swiveling with this adapter. I use an old Bogen heavy tripod and this adapter. There is no movement even in pretty good wind. In heavy wind the outdoorsman setup will shake like crazy compared to this.

Not sure I'll have to check it out but if it does it's something I've never noticed while glassing. If you don't have the panning base on the pistol grip it's worthless. Once you get it though it's a whole new ballgame. I used that Swarovski adapter in the past until I lost the top piece and the told me I was SOL. The binos will move back and forth in the adapter (side to side), that doesn't bother the crap out of you?

no reason to bring up the pistol grip or anything else.

It's not wrong, thats how they are designed. They hang from the stud, allowing the user to move the binoculars closer together, further apart and swiveling to the left and right.

If you sit back behind your tripod, like you are looking at the eyepieces, do yours turn clockwise or counter clockwise easily? The 5-6 different outdoorsman setups I have used do. That is my main complaint. Not to mention the pistol grip is much too sensitive. When you squeeze the trigger the whole binocular wants to fall like there is not enough tension in the pistol grip to hold it up.

Try this:

Once you put the binos on the outdoorsman adapter and twist to lock it in, put your hand under the right side of the binocular and push up. The left side of the binoculars will tilt down. This is the swiveling I'm referring to. It drives me crazy.

Here is what I use:

Screen%20Shot%202015-08-19%20at%2011.20.

There is no swiveling with this adapter. I use an old Bogen heavy tripod and this adapter. There is no movement even in pretty good wind. In heavy wind the outdoorsman setup will shake like crazy compared to this.

when was the last time you used a Outdoorsman stud? If not in the last year, then you need to tray again, the new stud doesn't do what you described, my old stud did...not the new one.

+1 For the Outdoorsman stud and adapter, best one on the market. Fortunately for us here in the valley, their shop is in Phoenix. It would be worth your time to take your binos down to their store and talk to them.

My outdoorsman keeps my 56's solid as phuck, and if you want to leave your glass on your tripod and throw your tripod over your shoulder and move to the next glassing spot you can. Do not try that with the swaro adapter or you'll be sending your glass in for repair. Pretty easy choice on this one bud, I'd go with the outdoorsmans.

On a side note, I've had the same thing happen with one of my swaro adapters and when I sent my glass in to be refurbished I also asked if they would fix my adapter that fell apart, they said they do not deal with accessories and I would have to purchase a new one. That left me very unhappy, thats when I drove to the outdoorsman and made the switch.

• Like 1

With my outdoorsmans stud i have to bring pliers in my pack to turn the twist knob that extra bit to secure it. By hand no matter what they will be loose and tilt to either side. My last two did this and sucks!

Seems like quality control of the outdoorsmans stud is lacking at best since some have good results and some it leaves the binos loose.