+1 snake Gators.

I have seen more quail this year then probably last 20 years!

calls do work good. Hawk calls work really well that screem gets them into cover and they will hold till you flush them.

most successful person I ever saw hunt quail was a young guy had cargo pockets stuffed full of shotgun shells that were rattling and making so much noise it was ridiculous. He would charge them full speed making all that noise and they would hold tight in the bush and then they would fly and he would shoot he got his limit in a ridiculously low amount of time. it made me unload my gun and quit lol

More than once I've actually called quail back after a flush - if they do not fly a great distance

down in 29 where the grass/scrubs are thick and can be over 3 ft high they tend to drop back in pretty quick if they haven't been spooked a lot

we flushed a group - there was an old plow in the field we sat to take a break - started to hear the calls - so I mimicked the sound and tried to be the loudest - after about 10 minutes a small bunch actualluy came back to within less than 20 yrds and we thought WOW

they wlked to within 10 still calling back and forth but now you could see the movement of several birds - this flush we were ready and got a couple

I never go quail hunting without a quail call

they are handy on your deer hunt also as sometimes you can fool the deer into thinking your noise or movement was something way more natural to them - quail in the area

I have seen more quail this year than any year since 93. Lots of double hatch coveys. Last weekend I saw a pair with brand new babies...wonder if it could have been a third hatch although I have never heard of one.

2 days ago, saw some tiny baby quail. couldnt have been more than a week old. i didnt know they ever hatched that late

• Like 1

Baby quail chicks this late is the result of double or triple hatching! Early sign of a great quail season to come! ;)

S.

:)

The males have a have three basic calls the use to announce themselves (usually perched from about 8' off the ground) and to call to the other birds to regroup. Learn these and you will be golden.

You can learn them and the cadence then whistle them and you won't need to buy any calls.

Baby quail chicks this late is the result of double or triple hatching! Early sign of a great quail season to come! ;)

S.

:)

They will be veal/quail

• Like 1

When you flush Gambels, they will often return to the core area you flushed them. I usually bust up a covey, mark where the different groups go, then hunt the individual groups for a while. You'll get singles flushing that way.

After 15-20 minutes I'll slowly work back to where they originally flushed and listen. They will be calling each other trying to get back together. Should be really good this year with all the young, dumb birds.

• Like 2

When you flush Gambels, they will often return to the core area you flushed them. I usually bust up a covey, mark where the different groups go, then hunt the individual groups for a while. You'll get singles flushing that way.

After 15-20 minutes I'll slowly work back to where they originally flushed and listen. They will be calling each other trying to get back together. Should be really good this year with all the young, dumb birds.

I've used this same approach on Scaled quail and it was very effective

• Like 1

I'm in Sierra Vista have a dog and more interested in watching her work than I am in taking a limit. Hit me up if you like I'll show you some spots around here

post-13388-0-09869600-1441946435_thumb.jpg