Bowmadness

Anyone need help or a tag alon unit 4a?

Just wondering if anyone pulled a tag for 4a archery and would like help calling in a few bulls. My buddy and I called I'm a ton last year. We didn't get a tag this year but we are going to head up on the 11th to just call in some bulls to get some footage/pics. Let us know if you need help.

• Like 3

Sounds like you are going to be training the bulls to avoid calls and potentially screw up someone elses hunt. It is a nice offer of you but unless you have a tag or are with someone who does have a tag I would stay out of the woods during the peak of archery elk.

• Like 5

Sounds like you are going to be training the bulls to avoid calls and potentially screw up someone elses hunt. It is a nice offer of you but unless you have a tag or are with someone who does have a tag I would stay out of the woods during the peak of archery elk.

agree 100%

• Like 1

Oh I didn't think about that. Well looks like I will not go unless someone would like a tag-along. Thanks for bring that to my attention it totally slipped my mind.

Good on you for heeding the words of advice instead of taking the "its public land I can do what I want" attitude (Although you would be 100% correct.)

• Like 8

Oh I didn't think about that. Well looks like I will not go unless someone would like a tag-along. Thanks for bring that to my attention it totally slipped my mind.

Good on you for heeding the words of advice instead of taking the "its public land I can do what I want" attitude (Although you would be 100% correct.)

I did pay for my hunt/fish license so technically I did my part. Lol but I don't want to get in the way. I would also get upset if someone was calling in elk for fun when I was on my hunt. The offer still stands for help. I got bull fever and want some action.

• Like 2

You can still go. It is a hoot to just listen to them. See if you can tell the houchy mamma from the real thing.

• Like 2

no way. ill make a trip or 2 to unit 1 to bugle and rake tress and chase bulls for a couple days during the hunts. maybe get a picture or 2. not like they rut all year, just cuz those of us dont have a tag we dont deserve to have those experiences? we should just all wait 10 years to get drawn so we too can experience rutting elk?

• Like 6

I agree, don't stay out of the woods, just be a little more sensitive to using calls IMO.

• Like 9

I'm pretty sure someone would like some type of help. Last year on my bull hunt after I got my bull I went out and put two guys on at least 8 cow elk (they had cow tags) they said they haven't seen anything all week.

• Like 1

I think it's nice of you to offer the help. My wife and I have cow tags for that unit. It's my first hunt. We were just there this past weekend and found a few herds. Actually stalked one for practice and got within 25 yards of a few of them. Got some really cool video of them. Pretty excited for next week.