Bowmadness

Anyone need help or a tag alon unit 4a?

Good Luck to all the tag holders for all the hunts this year on public land for whatever species you drew . Good Luck for all the non tag holders on public land wanting to have an encounter with wildlife whatever it may be whenever it may be. Be safe and enjoy the public lands.

Bowmadness You wouldnt find me anyway. unlke most I don't roadhunt . I will be long gone in the woods before most .(a little nicer).. PS , the rut is in full swing still the week after the early bull hunt when squirril and turkey opens .Great time to be out.............................BOB!

• Like 1

yup, joint use. us poor hunters have to share "our" land with anglers, bike riders, campers, birdwatchers, sight seers, atv'ers, cowboys, loggers, woodcutters, the forest circus, etc, etc, etc. in Az we have a real blessing in the amount of public land we have, and it's there for us all to use. i got screwed up a little on a spring turkey hunt by bird watchers once. i mean a van full o' real life nerds with bird books, binos, bird calls, goofy pants and hats. kinda ticked me off but before it was over i was kinda intrigued by bird watchin', i was more interested in watchin' a tommygobbler and then blastin' him, but after bein' around these folks for a few minutes and realizing how interested they were in their hobby, i came away with a little more respect for them. they had no problem with me blastin' a turk either. wanted to see one up close if i shot one. when i get the opportunity, i like to hear elk whistle. if i'm afraid o' bustin' a hunter, i'll walk away. main thing is to don't be stupid. as i get older i find more enjoyment in just watching animals. as hunters and anglers, we pay the bulk of the cash needed to support the wildlife that everyone enjoys. but it doesn't give us more right. those other folks can all vote too. remember that. if you wanna listen to elk, have at it, just keep in mind that there may be folks wanting to shoot the same elk. Lark.

The voting thing is key, in my opinion. If youre hunting public land, theres always the possibility of encountering nonhunters. If you value hunting, and dont want it voted away (as Californian voters are doing right now!) Than it should be very important to you to be friendly, informative, helpful and generally knowledgeable about the benefits of hunting so that you can change the nonhunter from being against or nuetral to hunting to being more receptive of it.

Peta and the humane society are absolute media whores and they are expert at getting their propoganda out to the sheeple. Many people hold a negative view of our sport even though theyve never known a hunter. If you have the opportunity to change that, take it.

• Like 2

How to start a fight on the Internet..............................

State an opinion and wait........

• Like 1

NatureBob I am actually surprised by your comments on this thread. It just seems out of character for you. In your last post you state that those of us who weren't lucky enough to draw tags this year should wait until your hunt is over, but its fine to go during the Turkey hunts when you aren't there? I'm assuming you are joking? If my memory is right, you have the early field tag, correct? If so, only the 30 or so tag holders should get to enjoy the public land during the season? I'm sorry but that is just a wee bit selfish...I do wish you good luck on your hunt and hope you have a great time and find the bull you hope for.

• Like 1

Bowmadness You wouldnt find me anyway. unlke most I don't roadhunt . I will be long gone in the woods before most .(a little nicer).. PS , the rut is in full swing still the week after the early bull hunt when squirril and turkey opens .Great time to be out.............................BOB!

Bob, while alot do road hunt. I am not of them. While you are long in the woods before most I encourage you to look around. You most definitely will see tracks everywhere in 4a. My tracks. I hike, ride, hunt, fish, and camp ALL over that unit. Oh my shirts will be made in time. Hope to see you around. Maybe I will go sit on a waterhole a few yards in the woods. I believe that's what you are talking about gone in the woods. I hope that spike you pass haunts your dreams and gives you a bunch of what ifs after you only have a tag to hang from your wall. Good day sir!

• Like 1

Bowmadness.We are all good. Cause You won't find me in 4a anyway.I didn't mean to get guys all riled up her over this. Just trying to get across to all ,have a little respect for the guy with the tag. Nothin seems wrong with that.. I never baited or used a camera in my life and I am 59. At least let Me have the woods for 1 week of 19 years . I am done now on this topic. Amen and good luck to all with tags................OLd fashioned hunter BOB!

Anyone without a tags screws up My Elk hunt by just wanting to play in the woods with non respect for the hunters, after waiting 19 years ,they will be living on another planet........BOB!

Bowmadness.We are all good. Cause You won't find me in 4a anyway.I didn't mean to get guys all riled up her over this. Just trying to get across to all ,have a little respect for the guy with the tag. Nothin seems wrong with that.. I never baited or used a camera in my life and I am 59. At least let Me have the woods for 1 week of 19 years . I am done now on this topic. Amen and good luck to all with tags................OLd fashioned hunter BOB!

5zl99u.gif

• Like 1

Just out of curiosity, but with spring hunts running from jan-may, fire restrictions and forest closures june & july, and hunts again from august through dec..... when exactly is it that nonhunters can use the forest/public land without being inconsiderate jerks that are ruining peoples hunts?

Sorry, I know logic isnt welcome on internet forums, but that attitude just kills me. 'I have a $120 tag, so now the 2,000,000 acres of public land in this state is off limits to everyone else who doesnt have a tag!'

This month there is a hunt almost every weekend plus the Fall Turkey Hunt at the end of the month which I'll be out scouting for between now and then. Good luck to everyone with a tag. Stop by and say howdy if you see me out there in 23.

Just wondering if anyone pulled a tag for 4a archery and would like help calling in a few bulls. My buddy and I called I'm a ton last year. We didn't get a tag this year but we are going to head up on the 11th to just call in some bulls to get some footage/pics. Let us know if you need help.

Bowmadness,

Good for you for offering to help someone out! If I were in your position I would go up as planned and maybe ask around a few camps to see if they could use your help! It's worth a shot. Only one way to learn is to get out there and be in the elk woods!

Regan

• Like 2

Good topic, I have only 3 upcoming weekends left that I can scout for Deer and use it for our Elk hunt as well.

I wanted to help out in Unit 9 if anyone needs it, I know how tough it is to drag out an animal, it is good to help others.

Good luck to all.