Back to the topic, I think it's a great idea. Always wanted to bike some roads listening for bugles but was never in good enough shape to do it.

On another note, CWT is starting to look like AZ Bass Zone, it's good for a laugh but you sure don't want to go there to hear much about fishing.

• Like 2

Ive been contimplating the mountain bike thing for a couple years now. Especially with all the road closures. maybe even a little light weight trailer to pack a couple elk quarters in.

• Like 1

When I lived in WA, there are vast tracks of privately owned forest, mainly Weirhouse owned lands. Can't drive in them but the hunting and fishing there is phenomenal. I'd mountain bike in and out, nearly collided with a doe once while doing a good 35mph.

• Like 1

I tried it on the rim. You think those roads are flat until you're on a bike. At 7000' you breath pretty hard...and get plenty sweaty. You also have to consider your pack and bow/rifle. I had a guy in 4A ride up on me twice during a turkey setup in the Turkey-Beaver Wildlife area. Ruined both setups. Second time, I got pretty pissed. His method was quiet, but came in a little too fast.

• Like 2

I thought about hunting with a bike but I couldn't throw it far enough.

Realy though I have used a mountain bike a few times. Untell I had a crash and nearly ruined my bow. I could not find a way to keep the bow safe enough and still keep the bike light for non road runs.

• Like 1

How did this thread go from ocupations to a bike thread?

I've used an mtb and and Bob trailer for a while to get places a little quicker than walking.

Saw a hunter on my antelope hunt using a Bob trailer to haul his blind with a bike. Seemed to work well on the walk-in access ranches riding the 2-tracks.
  • Like 1