Coues D you sound like a class act, thx for posting story and congrats on a buck of a lifetime!

• Like 4

I have killed on my own (5 bucks from 105-141)...

After working hard my entire life I'm now in a position to buy the governors tags for the next 10 YEARS!...

Thank you to my wife Jackie McDermott who bought me this tag...

Thanks that is my 141" Mark Boulanger (Bo) helped me kill...

....Brandon McDermott

First of all, congrats for being the guy lucky enough to pull the trigger on one heck of a huge Coues. It's truly a buck of several lifetimes.

Now that that's out of the way, pardon me for being slightly confused. Maybe I'm just ignorant, but it's easy to misinterpret people, especially on the internet. Do you have enough to buy the auction tag for the next ten years, or does Jackie? And exactly which bucks did you kill on your own?

Is this one of them? - http://www.coueswhitetail.com/forums/topic/21912-115-muzzleloader-buck/

I've killed a couple bucks on my own, and know what goes into doing that. I want to make sure you get credit where credit is due, and that the haters shut up and move on.

• Like 1

http://www.coueswhitetail.com/2012/06/get-your-gun-my-2010-san-carlos-hunt/ here's the link to one of my stories....I've killed 105-109-112-115-141, and a one 164 7/8, and the 12 other 90+" Coues over the years...I let my wife bid on the governors tag for me because I wanted everyone in the room (400 people) to think who is that pretty lady bidding on a Governors tag? lol..also I wanted her to have fun doing it.. And no Jackie's NOT my sugar momma lol we are married. Thanks again for nice comments "as of late" I appreciate it very much! And yes I have plenty of resources to buy the tags for next 10 years :)

Coues D, congratulations on such an amazing animal!! I've had the pleasure of hunting with a few guys form A3. You won't find a better group of guys who live for harvesting giant animals. LET THE HATERS HATE!!!!!

• Like 2

http://www.coueswhitetail.com/2012/06/get-your-gun-my-2010-san-carlos-hunt/ here's the link to one of my stories....I've killed 105-109-112-115-141, and a one 164 7/8, and the 12 other 90+" Coues over the years...I let my wife bid on the governors tag for me because I wanted everyone in the room (400 people) to think who is that pretty lady bidding on a Governors tag? lol..also I wanted her to have fun doing it.. And no Jackie's NOT my sugar momma lol we are married. Thanks again for nice comments "as of late" I appreciate it very much! And yes I have plenty of resources to buy the tags for next 10 years :)

I respect your accomplishments, and thanks for clarifying. Our definition of "on my own" differs, but I respect the accomplishment just the same.

Like I said earlier, I've been lucky enough to kill some bucks on my own, which is what most I suppose call solo. Going into an area I've never been, figuring things out, and once in a while being successful. I've also been lucky enough to kill some bucks with friends or buddies along. I've killed some animals by pure luck... an archery muley in the last hour of the the last day of the year when I was really after a certain coues buck comes to mind. I've had some advice and help from others along the way. I've also helped some friends, relatives, my wife, and both of my kids fill quite a few tags... which of course no compensation other than the appreciation for the experience and company has ever changed hands. I've never been an outfitter or guide, but have been very close if not involved with some of those hunts. I can respect and appreciate all of the different experiences, though the solo hunts and those with me and just my wife and kids were the most special... and not necessarily the biggest. Some didn't even involve antlers.

If you can truly get the tag from here on out, I'd encourage you to do it alone just once.

Good hunting, good health, and good luck.

• Like 1

After reading this guys San Carlos story I think our definitions of "on my own" have gotta be waaaaay off.. Or I guess as long as you pulled the trigger you did it all "on your own"? Right?

• Like 3

After reading this guys San Carlos story I think our definitions of "on my own" have gotta be waaaaay off.. Or I guess as long as you pulled the trigger you did it all "on your own"? Right?

careful you're gonna get yelled at
  • Like 2

careful you're gonna get yelled at
My body is ready.
  • Like 1

Okay guys, I tried be nice to even the most ignorant replies on this site.. I would like the thank the people who have appreciated this beautiful buck and for the nice comments... I have too many positive things going on in my life to debate with the other morons.. I' am going to kill a lot more giant bucks in the future, and NONE of them will get anything ever posted by me. I'm all done with site, Peace out!!

• Like 1

It's kinda of funny, well no it isn't. A few select disagree with someone's choices of how to hunt and we run a Coues deer hunter ( BTW a hunter who has killed some good bucks) off of a Coues deer website.. Nicely done,I wonder how many Coues bucks have been killed by those running at the mouth. Probably not many....

• Like 6

BTW..I've never even heard of CouesD but was glad he showed up to tell his story even though he was destroyed by some because of it...

• Like 3