Lol this is fun, I wanna chime in and get called jealous and poor too.

1) You bet I'm jealous

2) You bet I'm too poor to afford the auction tag

3) You bet I'm not lucky enough to win the raffle tag

Coues D congrats on an AMAZING buck. If you can afford to buy the tag for the next 10 years then by all means Id say do it. You've obviously worked very hard to be in a position to do something like that. Oh and where do I find a wife that'll buy me a tag like that? Sign me up. (Yes jealous)

As far as the outfitters.. This is how it usually goes..

-Animal gets killed

-Watermark goes on the picture

-Picture is posted with no story or background info

-People chime in with (probably true) side stories

-We all get called poor and jealous until the fun wears off and the next big animal is killed

More than I wanna discredit the outfitter, I wanna know exactly who deserves the credit? Yeah you booked the client, put him on the buck, he shot it blah blah blah thats great and all but who put the time in scouting, behind the glass, setting and checking cams? Who found it? Was there a finders fee involved? I think that mosts peoples problems with all this, by not giving credit where credit is due, its like the outfitter is taking all the credit for it. Maybe they deserve all the credit?? Maybe the guys at a3 have been watching this buck since it came out the womb, who knows..

but by the silence and lack of story theres a good chance thats not the case.

• Like 2

Congrats again Coues D. Watching you win that tag at the banquet was buy far the most enjoyable of all that were auctioned off that night. Just isn't as much fun and exciting when the buyer isn't the room. I hope to be at the banquet again next year to bid against you. That is until the auction price goes over my budget of about $500 and I have to bow out. :)

By the way, how is that auction pup doing? My wife wanted that little guy bad. Probably isn't so little anymore.

• Like 1

It just blows my mind that some can't just be happy for a guy wrapping his hard earned tag around this buck and/or happy for the guys that found him, or the rest of the guys that helped to put this deer in Brandon's (Coues D) trophy room where he will be in good company with the rest of the giants in there! For some it seems the story of "How" ways on the quality of the animal?? This buck is off the charts, taken on public land, where Anyone could have found him, but only the two Licensed Guides who found him were hunting him. Cudos to Mike and Brandon finding this buck! The rest of the story is just like any other hunt, where hard work, team effort, and a little bit of luck, put a giant in the salt! Congrats again Brandon!

...and to the Photo Shop D-Bag... that is pretty sad... pathetic in fact...

• Like 1

It just blows my mind that some can't just be happy for a guy wrapping his hard earned tag around this buck and/or happy for the guys that found him, or the rest of the guys that helped to put this deer in Brandon's (Coues D) trophy room where he will be in good company with the rest of the giants in there! For some it seems the story of "How" ways on the quality of the animal?? This buck is off the charts, taken on public land, where Anyone could have found him, but only the two Licensed Guides who found him were hunting him. Cudos to Mike and Brandon finding this buck! The rest of the story is just like any other hunt, where hard work, team effort, and a little bit of luck, put a giant in the salt! Congrats again Brandon!

Wait so who found it?

Who is mike and brandon? It sounds like they weren't the only ones hunting that buck so I'm not sure why you'd say that.

How do I "Could not say it better myself" this post. A simple "like" doesn't cut it.

I take no fault with the tag holder. He is who he is, and does what he does, and pulls the trigger on big deer somebody points at on a mountain he's never been on before. He feels as good about it as he needs to.

However, to Mathews point, the watermark tells nothing of the true story behind a deer like this, and especially this deer. Credit should be given to the true HUNTER who found this deer. Not the FINDER who got the finders fee, not the OUTFITTER(S) involved, and not the TAG HOLDER. The HUNTER.

Lol this is fun, I wanna chime in and get called jealous and poor too.

1) You bet I'm jealous

2) You bet I'm too poor to afford the auction tag

3) You bet I'm not lucky enough to win the raffle tag

Coues D congrats on an AMAZING buck. If you can afford to buy the tag for the next 10 years then by all means Id say do it. You've obviously worked very hard to be in a position to do something like that. Oh and where do I find a wife that'll buy me a tag like that? Sign me up. (Yes jealous)

As far as the outfitters.. This is how it usually goes..

-Animal gets killed

-Watermark goes on the picture

-Picture is posted with no story or background info

-People chime in with (probably true) side stories

-We all get called poor and jealous until the fun wears off and the next big animal is killed

More than I wanna discredit the outfitter, I wanna know exactly who deserves the credit? Yeah you booked the client, put him on the buck, he shot it blah blah blah thats great and all but who put the time in scouting, behind the glass, setting and checking cams? Who found it? Was there a finders fee involved? I think that mosts peoples problems with all this, by not giving credit where credit is due, its like the outfitter is taking all the credit for it. Maybe they deserve all the credit?? Maybe the guys at a3 have been watching this buck since it came out the womb, who knows..

but by the silence and lack of story theres a good chance thats not the case.

• Like 1

Enough biatichin everyone! Who cares??? What difference does it make???

• Like 6

Enough biatichin everyone! Who cares??? What difference does it make???

Ive got nothing better to do

• Like 3

You act like you are the self appointed boss of Coues Whitetail. Get over yourself, enjoy a little bickering, find humor where you can, realize the internet is a place where people can vent, brag, rip on each other, and do whatever else they want to do. Everyone needs to have thick skin and not get so easily offended. So many whiners and cry babies from every aspect. We have some that whine about auction tags and then some who whine about the whiners that are whining about the auction tags. Guess what, both are whiners.

At the end of the day, if anyone on this site needed help packing an elk out (Heck even trophyhntr), i would be there in a second to help and i am sure many others would do the same.

Everyone has and is allowed their own opinion, even if it doesnt match the opinion of guides and outfitters. That is the great thing about this country. We can agree to disagree and still help each other out. No one here is better than anyone else.

• Like 3

Man what a awesome buck. I have dreams of bucks like that. Congrats Brandon and thanks for your contribution to az wildlife.

• Like 2

You act like you are the self appointed boss of Coues Whitetail. Get over yourself, enjoy a little bickering, find humor where you can, realize the internet is a place where people can vent, brag, rip on each other, and do whatever else they want to do. Everyone needs to have thick skin and not get so easily offended. So many whiners and cry babies from every aspect. We have some that whine about auction tags and then some who whine about the whiners that are whining about the auction tags. Guess what, both are whiners.

At the end of the day, if anyone on this site needed help packing an elk out (Heck even trophyhntr), i would be there in a second to help and i am sure many others would do the same.

Everyone has and is allowed their own opinion, even if it doesnt match the opinion of guides and outfitters. That is the great thing about this country. We can agree to disagree and still help each other out. No one here is better than anyone else.

The one thing I'd add to that is it'd be a pretty dang boring 'discussion forum', if everyone had the same opinion, point of view, etc. Seems like there has to be some variance in for the discussion to happen at all.

I think everybody can agree that's an awesome deer though. I don't suppose anyone has a live photo of it floating around somewhere?

ive met lots of members and im pretty sure they think im cool lol

• Like 1

Wait so who found it?

Who is mike and brandon? It sounds like they weren't the only ones hunting that buck so I'm not sure why you'd say that.

"Brandon" had the sheds and is affiliated with Cuernos Outfitters and "Mike" is affiliated with us at A3 Trophy Hunts and he had all the TC pics... They found this buck together as a team. Maybe there were others that had been trying to kill this buck but they hadn't got it done? Mike had the Buck at 40 yds with a bow and didn't shoot because of brush, maybe he wasn't the only guy that had such a chance? I don't know, and it really doesn't matter now. I do know that I was one of the first guys to see Mike's live pics of this buck and there was no question he was what Coues D was looking for!

The bucks that Brandon (Coues D) had already been passing up would gag most guys and was a testament to his desire to find "The One"... and he didn't just walk out and shoot him... in fact he wouldn't shoot until he was sure he was happy with the buck. He didn't get lead out to shoot the buck... they hunted, they passed when they could have shot, but waited for "the shot"... just like every good hunt. He had some of the best guys in the deer woods with him on that hill. What an awesomely nerve racking couple of days they had! And I'll bet money that that time spent on the hill will be shared around many of Brandon's (Coues D) camp fires for years to come!

What an AMAZING BUCK!

What an AMAZING BUCK!!!

• Like 2

There are so many scenarios where hunters can't close the deal.

Big buck in an area where a couple guys hunt, one gets there too late, the other too early and the buck is just too smart.

Or

AMAZING BUCK in an area 11 miles from the road, FINDER hears Hunter found a big buck so he follows HUNTER to his parking spot, rides his horses 11 miles into area and parks said horses next to HUNTER's horses during Oct. hunt last year. Sees HUNTER start to move in on big buck, so fires off 3 or 4 rounds from about 1400 yds away to scare buck off and then beats cheeks back to town so he can sell said buck to the highest bidder.

But we're just speaking hypothetically though. . . Anybody think of any other hypothetical scenarios where the HUNTER wouldn't be able to close the deal? My scenario would make that pretty tough, wouldn't it?

• Like 2