Sign in to follow this  
jdub

Flagstaff help

Hey guys, I have an odd request: Does anyone know who I can call to assist me SHOULD I be blessed enough to get a bull down in unit 11M? My partner had to back out of the hunt last minute and I am now hunting solo. I happen to have a messed up back and a sprained ankle just now healing. I can walk a long way but not with much weight. If anyone knows of any strong kids or someone else who would like to make some $, let me know...I'll pay them well. I just know if I get one down it will take me forever, I'll probably mess myself up again and I would have meat going bad.

I probably wouldn't ask if they allowed off road travel to retrieve game in this unit, but they don't. Thanks in advance!

Jeff

Only guides can take money legally, good look on your hunt

That's just to kill. Helping someone pack out is different.

reach out to tunachaser, he might be able to get you lined up with some help. lots of young guys with strong backs up there going to school.

Only guides can take money legally, good look on your hunt

That's just to kill. Helping someone pack out is different.
Sadly it's still illegal even packing out. Making any money off an animal while in the field you have to have a guides license.

ok, Thanks everyone. Anyone know who could help me for free? I'm prone to accidentally leave my new Eberlestock pack behind with something left in the pocket.:)

• Like 11

The hunt is now. I came back yesterday (hunting was not very good yet, few bugles where I was) but I'm going back to hunt Sat-Wed.

That not too odd a request. I would imagine most would do it for free.

We are a sadomasicistc bunch.

I know if I was local I would. I love packing animals out the nastier the hike the better.

• Like 5

My son goes to NAU and is in the national guard up there. He loves hunting and has friends that can help also. Pm me and I'll give you his number.

• Like 2

Is it illegal to pay in the form of a few cuts of the meat? I ask out of genuine curiosity. If I was up there I'd help for free. Very cool of those who already offered help.

Btw my son and his friends would do it for free

I live in North phx and can be up in 2 hours and love packing out elk. Send me a pm and I can give u my cell number.

• Like 4