Sign in to follow this  
ThomC

Yogi Berra RIP

I don't know if Yogi was a hunter but he bears remembering. With all the attention on the Pope now a few Yogis are appropriate. Yogi was asked if he had an attendance with the pope. He replied "no but I met him once." What did you say to him "Hello Pope". And many many more. He was one of a kind. :D

• Like 3

I don't know if Yogi was a hunter but he bears remembering. With all the attention on the Pope now a few Yogis are appropriate. Yogi was asked if he had an attendance with the pope. He replied "no but I met him once." What did you say to him "Hello Pope". And many many more. He was one of a kind. :D

Yogi would be pleased.

" Great pitching stops great hitting and vice versa. "

RIP - One of my favorite Yogi quotes........"Baseball is 90% mental. The other half is physical."

Once at a pizza shop, " only cut my pizza into four slices, I dont think I can eat six."

He was a good man, even though he played for the Yankees ;)

"you always wanna go to your friends funerals. if you don't, they won't go to yours".

not just the greatest catcher ever, the greatest player. The Mick, Dimaggio, they got all the words in the paper, Yogi was the guy that won the games. Lark.

Spent yesterday on the road with my pops and we talked over games we had been to together and ones we used to watch. Good guy to remember with dad.

"when you come to the fork in the road...take it"

10 World series rings and 3 mvp's. 19 years with the Yanks! Not many players now a days stay with 1 team in their career. RIP Yogi. Up there having a cold one with Mickey, Roger, Joe, Lou, and the Babe !

post-10954-0-14919300-1443134294.jpg

post-10954-0-08116900-1443134391.jpg

• Like 1

and he fought in WWII, at Normandy on D day no less, and was awarded the purple heart, all before playing baseball. but, lots a guys fought in the wars, but not many won 10 world series, and he stayed humble til the end. Lark.

• Like 3