Sign in to follow this  
azbullelkman

Let's Make a Deal if you have 12 or More Bonus Points

Guess he finally got tired of referring to everyone he disagrees with as "d-bags" what a d-bag

• Like 2

Post pics again. I want to see some different angles. Sometimes the camera makes things look bigger and smaller. I personally did not think it looked like 340" either, but pictures can be deceiving. It was a nice bull tho, and there should be no reason for you to take your pictures down if people disagree on score. There has been lots of animals on here, that I do not think look as big as the score posted, or some that look even bigger than the score posted. Thick skin is needed in this forums, some guys have it, and some do not.

I do think that your original offer on here is great for lots of hunters, just not a lot of hunters from this site. Most on here do not need help elk hunting, they already are really good at it. 300" bulls do not peak their interest the slightest bit. I would argue that he vast majority of hunters without a toy hauler, or the knowledge of everyone on here would like the offer you posted.

• Like 1

Post pics again. I want to see some different angles. Sometimes the camera makes things look bigger and smaller. I personally did not think it looked like 340" either, but pictures can be deceiving. It was a nice bull tho, and there should be no reason for you to take your pictures down if people disagree on score. There has been lots of animals on here, that I do not think look as big as the score posted, or some that look even bigger than the score posted. Thick skin is needed in this forums, some guys have it, and some do not.

I do think that your original offer on here is great for lots of hunters, just not a lot of hunters from this site. Most on here do not need help elk hunting, they already are really good at it. 300" bulls do not peak their interest the slightest bit. I would argue that he vast majority of hunters without a toy hauler, or the knowledge of everyone on here would like the offer you posted.

I also thought it was a pretty good offer myself. Im pretty good at knocking deer down, but havent faired well with elk the couple times I've been lucky enough to get drawn. Frankly I wouldn't mind some free help from another blue collar hunter.

Man if it's that easy to get guys to put in with you I'll make the same deal with someone. Difference is I live in 3c and know what a 340 bull looks like. I actually killed a 343 bull across the road in 4b this year so 3c shouldn't be an issue. Heck you can even stay at my house in Heber! Would love to have me another elk tag this next year in a unit I know produces 350+ bulls. Any takers just pm me ;)

• Like 3

How about a New Mexico resident with 12 points going into next years AZ elk draw bc777, what kind of offer would that get me ? My 12 points as a nonres won't get me and a res into 3c I don't think but I would do it in a heart beat if it would !! Heck, I have all the gear and a camper,F350 4x4, 4x4 atv even have some horses all I need is a tag and a local that wants to go archery elk huntin !!

• Like 1

Looks like they need a new Match Making site ... "Elk Hunters Only" :P

I like that, but im in the market for someone to split the cost of a float plane on to kodiak island and to take turns standing gaurd while the other guts blacktails. Can that be a sub forum or special interest category?

• Like 1

How about a New Mexico resident with 12 points going into next years AZ elk draw bc777, what kind of offer would that get me ? My 12 points as a nonres won't get me and a res into 3c I don't think but I would do it in a heart beat if it would !! Heck, I have all the gear and a camper,F350 4x4, 4x4 atv even have some horses all I need is a tag and a local that wants to go archery elk huntin !!

Just looked up the report and sadly it wouldn't guarantee us a tag. Looks like 10 points was the magic number this year. And with the good bulls killed this year it will probably go up a point or two. If the whole 10% nr deal changes to only 5% going to top bonus point holders there would be a decent chance of getting a tag in the random draw but no guarantees. Wish I had enough to guarantee a tag because I'd be all over it!

11 non res pts. last year for a 2015 tag didn't get me into 3c. the odds showed 10 but I think a lot of guys thought they had better put in for the 2015 hunts because of changes in 2016. I might just have to move across the line for a year.

when nonresident and resident hunters apply on the same app, does the app go into the resident or nonresident pool?

when nonresident and resident hunters apply on the same app, does the app go into the resident or nonresident pool?

both are treated as NR. The reports showed a few guys from the 11 point group and 10 point group getting tags but I'm assuming they had to be residents. The 10% cap had to have been hit by the guys with 12+ points. I think with 12 this year you're gonna be right in there for a tag.