Sign in to follow this  
trphyhntr

Do you use shooting sticks?

I got one of those Primos trigger stick thing. It's a tripod and the girls love shooting off of it.

• Like 1

a bipod? i know some of you guys use that claw thing. or do you just find a tree or rock to set up with?

Used your shoulder on that Muley buck back in the day. Since then I have been using the bipod. Sorry about your ears Dick.

• Like 2

^ and you smoked that big dog with 170grains if I remember right

I got one of those Primos trigger stick thing. It's a tripod and the girls love shooting off of it.

I was looking at them the other night at bass pro. I ordered a cheaper tripod off amazon.

a bipod? i know some of you guys use that claw thing. or do you just find a tree or rock to set up with?

Used your shoulder on that Muley buck back in the day.

Ugly sticks?
  • Like 1

I shoot off my tripod regularly during target practice as well as off my truck hood, pack pack, tree branch, and bipod. My buddy uses the promos stick things. I always laughed at him til I left my tripod at camp one day, I confiscated his stick and glassed and shot off it! Wasn't ideal but considering I had nothing else it was perfect. Still haven't bought one though. I might one day, if we no longer hunt together lol.

I've always just shot coyotes off my off knee and leaned on stuff for shot for deer or whatever but was thinking maybe this year I'll carry something incase I get a chance to set up and shoot. I should probably get the tall swivel bipod. I got a shorter one now, doesn't cut it.

• Like 1

Make sure you don't buy cheap ones, they slip and wobble , also get ones that you can shot sitting or standing and they have the swivel top. Then you'll love them

• Like 1

Make sure you don't buy cheap ones, they slip and wobble , also get ones that you can shot sitting or standing and they have the swivel top. Then you'll love them

Makes sense. I got the cheapest ones money could buy though

I use whatever I have available though mostly bipods.

me too. When hunting down south, I find Guatamalens and Hondurans make for a nice rest.
  • Like 4

I have the bipod on my rifle that only extends up to 14 inches. I was going to shot my mule at 300 yards went to prone and grass was to high. But I always have my vortex tripod for my binos just took them off and shot off that. Did the same thing for my antelope hunt.

Stony Creek bipod, adjustable height, can shoot on a canted hill (rubber head), snaps on a mount that attaches to a sling point. Like to shoot from seated position if possible, glassing that way too. Got my longest called/shot coyote, 175 yds while I was seated comfortably in the shade. Took several deer and elk prone and off hand also.

I carry a small break-down bipod for pistol hunts and have used them for long shots with some success. Also good for kneeling with a rifle, used it in Wyoming to take some antelope at 200+ yds.