haywire

Kansas turkey

I have been so busy lately I keep forgetting to post my story and pics about my trip to Kansas turkey hunting!! Hope you enjoy.

I was given the opportunity to travel to Kansas and do a little turkey hunting with a good friend of mine. We were there for 4 days and had an absolute blast!! We both shot birds and got to spend time looking over some of the country. We sat some blinds, did some calling, but the best part is I got to spot and stalk this bird!! It is sure beautiful back there. It will for sure be an experience I will never forget. Especially the tornado that pretty much wiped out that town. We had a bad storm come through that Friday night and were not really sure what we were in for. When we woke Saturday morning we heard about the tornado that went through Greensburg. They told us that we were only 25 to 30 miles from where that was. That was a little nerve racking!! Despite a little weather, we had a blast and I wanted to share my pic and story with you all!! Enjoy

post-1504-1183684563_thumb.jpg

Sweet bird! I leave for Iowa tomorrow~ vacation

AzP&Y

AWESOME RICHIE! Beautiful bird for sure.......I bet it was a blast! JIM>

Thanks for sharing. There's nothing like turkey hunting to get the blood flowing. Did you hunt on Dorthy's place? :lol: :lol:

Thanks everyone for the comments!! It was a blast and I hope I get to do it again someday. The tornado was a little scary, eerie and whatever else you want to call it, but luckily we did not get hit. They have some great deer back there and the turkey hunting is awesome!!

Richard

Nice turkey, pretty good big ol gobbler also. :).

I spent a few days in the Spring in Kansas also, sure is a nice state for turkeys. Congrats Richard

Nice turkey, pretty good big ol gobbler also. :).

I spent a few days in the Spring in Kansas also, sure is a nice state for turkeys. Congrats Richard

You are a pretty funny guy Houston!! How the heck are you anyway?? School going ok??

Richard

Going well...can't wait to be done. Have you gotten any good pictures, or videos of the elk this year? After not getting drawn for 9 years and then getting a tag last year was pretty hard on me....I had been accustomed to not having a tag and didn't hurt as bad, it hurts this year.