Sign in to follow this  
Yoshi

God's Oppening Day Gift

I was out on a solo hunt (everybody was suppose to work on the week)....and it never happens on the first day; And got there Saturday evening (was working on Friday and also had my kid's Pee-Wee last game of the season)So got out late noon from town

So started walking about 6:15AM (did not even make fire the last night so tired), to a place that I had already saw some action in hope that we could get something done and to high point to start glassing; so at 7:55 had a WT freak me out in bushy saddle (because he came out no ware) and could of stone hem (LOL...yea right :D ) but did not had a WT tag so good sign that was moving slow and not having all the gear smelling like smoke...

So at about 8:48 when I got to the next side of the hill and was set up; I saw on the next hill (crossing the canyon) two bucks making their way from the wash and going up and at about 285 yards put my scope (old Leupold VXII 3x9x40) cross hair on the bigger one (don't pass on what you will shoot on the last day) and did not hit on the first shot (cross hair on the elbow) was an inch low, so I was under the impression that it was 200 yards so he zig-zag to the next side to make he's way up on the hill so put the cross hair on the upper shoulder (he was at 302) and the Winchester model 70 Featherweight (270 win) got it done (130 gr)

The job to follow was a killer ...Lol ....but we made it back

post-10173-0-73907800-1446564430_thumb.jpg

post-10173-0-69424300-1446564515_thumb.jpg

post-10173-0-94331700-1446564570_thumb.jpg

post-10173-0-35392600-1446564610_thumb.jpg

• Like 16

Way to get it done! Very nice muley you got yourself!

• Like 1

Outstanding Yoshi. Reallya nice job!!

• Like 1

Cool buck!

• Like 1

That is a really nice wide muley. id be very proud of that. Nice job and congrats on a successful hunt.

• Like 1