Shooter McGavin

What's this world coming to?

Disgusting. How many of these poachers actually get caught and prosecuted? Is there any type of public notice that a case has been solved and a person punished?

This incident is more than poaching to me. Whoever did this is sick between the ears.

• Like 2

Could it be possible that the deer was shot and it took 2 days to find it. Meat spoiled and they salvaged the head? Not to sure about the rope and the camera though.

Sorry to hear about your camera. I do applaud you calling in and reporting the illegal activity you found. Hopefully the people on this site that think breaking the law is OK as long as it benefits them don't complain about it on your post. I think it's sick and disgusting to see things like this

finding a whole deer with its head cut off is not the same as seeing a guy walking with a jug of deer cocaine or some kernels of corn on the ground during the off season. geez

Dang, sorry to hear about your camera. Sad, sad story about that deer. Seems like there has been quite a few incidents lately with poachers. I hope they catch every single one of them.

This is terrible and I hope they're caught. Unfortunately it takes all but catching them red-handed to actually prosecute. Sad. Certainly a trail cam photo would've been damning, but.....

Truth is, there are cases where antis go to these lengths. But let's be completely honest with the "facts" presented so far. More than likely it was a disgusting poacher dressed like a hunter, with no regard to the law or our animals.

Maybe they tied it up as bait in hopes that a lion would eat on it. Lord knows there are a bunch of them in there.

• Like 5

Maybe they tied it up as bait in hopes that a lion would eat on it. Lord knows there are a bunch of them in there.

That is 1 of my thoughts. Or shot and tied to tree to come back and take antlers later hoping animals would not haul it away, found camera panicked destroyed camera cut head off and bailed???

• Like 1

i've heard of people poaching animals and wiring their antlers to a tree to come back later and "find" the dead head. it looks like this was their intent and they were caught by the camera so they panicked. judging by the neck size, it looks like it was a mature buck to me. small bucks always have really scrawny necks

• Like 1

Can't get this 1 out of my head! Shooter im glad you did not bump into these people cuz i fear they might have turned weapons on you.

Stay safe everyone and report law breakers cuz like all crime it usually gets worse.

Must have been a Boy Scout or a Sailor judging from all those knots. LOL

Now we are on to the detective work! Excellent.

Lion hunters tie them up so they can get pictures/video of the lion on the kill so they can't drag it out of the field of view. And then most likely to run the kill the next morning. This isn't a lion hunter. I'd lean more towards what hoghntr is saying. Someone was hoping this deer wouldn't be found and scattered away from the tree (bear, lion, coyotes??), and hoping the camera owner wouldn't find it either.

Lion hunters tie them up so they can get pictures/video of the lion on the kill so they can't drag it out of the field of view. And then most likely to run the kill the next morning. This isn't a lion hunter. I'd lean more towards what hoghntr is saying. Someone was hoping this deer wouldn't be found and scattered away from the tree (bear, lion, coyotes??), and hoping the camera owner wouldn't find it either.

So are you saying this is a common practice with lion hunters? Im confused