chompy

WTB 7mm

Looking for a solid 7mm something like a savage 111 long rang or a weatherby. Would prefer a muzzle break but I can always have one put on. I have a brand new pair if 10-42 vortex vipers and a brand new pair of vortex 12-50 razors I could trade or just pay cash. Let me know what you have thanks.

Saw a nice long range Hunter in the classifieds not too long ago

Love my Browning 7mm, what's the benefit of the muzzle break? Just to reduce recoil?

Love my Browning 7mm, what's the benefit of the muzzle break? Just to reduce recoil?

Yes.

• Like 1

Just a couple of thoughts for you:

I picked up a 7mm Mag this spring and have been on the fence about doing a muzzle brake. I used it on my mule deer hunt a few weeks ago and at the range leading up to the hunt. The recoil really doesn't bother me, but I'm 6'4" 220 lbs. I have a brake on my 300 RUM and my 11 year old shoots that with no hesitation or fear, so if I do end up putting a brake on i the 7mm, it will be for my kids or my wife.

However, when hunting, we definitely have to make sure to all get our ear protection on when the 300 RUM with brake comes out. Ear protection wasn't nearly as big of a deal with the 7mm mag without the brake. Not a bad idea, but not nearly as necessary for hunting applications.

My suggestion, try the 7mm mag without a brake. If the recoil doesn't bother you too much, or others that may be shooting the rifle, go without. I did put a limbsaver pad on the 7mm mag and that helps A LOT.

http://www.amazon.com/LimbSaver-Classic-Precision-Fit-Recoil-Ruger/dp/B008CXLXZI

• Like 3

There was a 7mm LRH in the classified section couple weeks back, not sure if its still available.

I had the 7mm Savage and sold it tonight. Mine had a break on it, but never used it, as it was as easy shooter.

I have a Winchester model 70 classic matte finish with a 26 in barrel and a trigger job. Also have a Remington 700 bdl stainless with a 24 in barrel and a trigger job for sale. Neither one has a muzzle break on them. Winchester is 550.00 and the Remington is 650.00.