Beautiful birds Wampus.. Great photos! Also what boat is that you are running? Sweet little set up

Thanks. There are a few boats in the pics. The smaller ones are a Marsh Rat (smaller for solo trips) and a Four Rivers (longer and wider than the Rat) . The one where you can see the whole boat is the Four Rivers. They both have custom built doors to work like layout blinds. When the water allows, most hunting is done via bigger aluminum boats, either from them or just as freighters to carry gear.

I bet that Hooded Merganser was tasty.

Nice variety.

almost as good as coot...

Coot can be pretty tasty when cared for properly (quickly). Good luck on the Mergansers.

A few years ago on one jump shot pond, I took a wood duck, two pintail, a canvasback, and a drake mallard. I did not know what I accomplish and mesquite grilled them all. I also took a rossi goose the next year and it suffered the same fate. A friend of mind who is ardent duck hunter told me I am not allowed to skin a duck until i get his permission

• Like 3

A few years ago on one jump shot pond, I took a wood duck, two pintail, a canvasback, and a drake mallard.

You do know you can only legally hold 3 shells right? :ph34r:

• Like 1

Think he said he was pond jumping and that can be done, heck I shot 3 ducks with one shot a few years back.

I was hoping the bandit emoji showed I was messing with him a bit.

I will say 5 ducks of that caliber on the same "one jump shot pond," is intriguing yet slightly skeptical.

Well done, idgaf, would love to see a picture!

• Like 2

Anytime I hear WOOD DUCK I get jealous, I only have shot a young drake off the verde river, way back when.

I'm still woodduckless. I have seen them shot next to me and fly by just out of range, but haven't pulled the trigger on one yet. Til next year! Good Luck!

was duck hunting worth a darn this year? i dont ever go, but just looking around i dont see very many ducks i feel like. except that little pond on power and guadalupe.

I will say 5 ducks of that caliber on the same "one jump shot pond," is intriguing yet slightly skeptical.

I killed 5 ducks on a single pond in December with 3 shells. First shot was A single, then two flyers across fell to the second shot and two sitting on the water with the third

I killed 5 ducks on a single pond in December with 3 shells. First shot was A single, then two flyers across fell to the second shot and two sitting on the water with the third

you shoot them sitting on the water?

• Like 1

you shoot them sitting on the water?

I did. They were divers and were under the water when I shot the first two times. They popped up next to eachother.

Guest akaspecials

Shooting ducks sitting on water may be legal, but god dang is it classless....