Sign in to follow this  
Red Rabbit

2007 Coues Contest

It's about time to set up the contest for this year, now that the excitement of the draw results is upon us. The contest was started with MonsterMuleys.com as a way to develop interest in the forums, share our excitement about our coues hunts and show some pics. No entry fees have been required, and any prizes have been donations from the members.

Any suggestions regarding the format? Improvements? Are you happy the way it is?

Doug~RR

what is the current format / guidelines? is it going to be for the registered members of cw.com or monster muleys?

what is the current format / guidelines? is it going to be for the registered members of cw.com or monster muleys?

Devin, These are the guidelines from LAST YEAR

2006-2007 Coues Whitetail Buck Contest

CouesWhitetail.com will be sponsoring a COUES BUCK CONTEST again for the second year. The contest?s purpose is to garner interest in the beloved coues whitetail and this website, and to share our hunt successes and pleasures from the field chasing the gray ghost.

This contest will be open to registered members of CouesWhitetail.com and their immediate families living at home (husband or wife, sons & daughters under 18). Deer must be taken between September 1, 2006 and January 31, 2007 from Arizona, New Mexico or Mexico. If you have multiple tags, i.e. from different states, you may enter deer from each hunt.

Categories (9):

Youth (ages 10-16) - largest coues buck

Youth (ages 10-16) - smallest coues buck

Archery- Highest P&Y gross coues

US rifle- highest gross B&C Typical frame coues

US rifle- highest gross B&C Non-typical coues

Mexico rifle- highest gross B&C Typical frame coues

Mexico rifle- highest gross B&C Non-typical coues

Smallest coues buck

Best field photo- based on composition & quality, not antler size. All contest photos will automatically be

considered for this category.

To register for the contest, send Doug/Red Rabbit a personal message or E-mail by October 15, 2006. Entries received after October 15, 2006 will not be accepted. He will send a confirmation with his address should you wish to donate a piece of hunting equipment to the prize packages. Prize donation is not required, but is appreciated. You may also send a small financial donation to help with shipping of the prizes to the winners. Prize packages, and the number of places, will depend upon the number of prizes donated.

To register, your personal message or e-mail to Doug/Red Rabbit must include the following:

Name

Member name/handle

Telephone number

E-mail address

Mailing/shipping address

To enter your deer

1) e-mail Doug/Red Rabbit a field photo of you and your deer, its gross B&C/P&Y score, hunt unit and date killed. Amanda will then post your picture on the home page.

2) You are certainly encouraged to post your picture and hunt story in the regular forums. If you have difficulty posting a picture, this thread may help, or asking another member will certainly get it done.

http://www.coueswhitetail.com/forums/index...?showtopic=3721

Scoring your deer. Amanda has a nice ?how-to? on the home page complete with photos, instructions and downloadable score sheets. Again, the gross score is needed for this contest.

http://www.coueswhitetail.com/how_to_score..._Coues_deer.htm

The contest will close January 31, 2007, at the end of archery season. Entry photos with info/story must be posted in the forums and received by Doug/Red Rabbit by Feb. 15, 2007.

Sounds Good!

I'm in!! PM sent.

Any side bets on public land, boys & girls????? ;) :lol: :lol: :D :P

coues n sheep what are you willing to loose

I'm not willing to lose my Mathews!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Doug, I think a $1 entry fee is in order so you dont get stuck with the shipping fees!!!

anyways, my DECEMBER tag, and my dads are both in!!!!

Casey,

Some people chipped in 10-20 bucks to help with shipping. The extra was used to buy a few prizes. Appreciate the considerate thought.

RR

OK free is always good to!!!

how about a $1 entry fee to help cover my gas for scouting... uhh i mean to help amanda with the site :D

I think we should make a special category for most misses/shots fired. What do you think Casey?......... :P

I will make another donation to help cover shipping.