Had a great weekend hunting mearns with even better people this weekend. Weather was horrible but still put birds up. Dogs did really good this weekend. Mags was on point and worked perfect.

post-14057-0-58482800-1450116399_thumb.jpg

post-14057-0-75886900-1450116548_thumb.jpg

post-14057-0-95531000-1450116629_thumb.jpg

post-14057-0-04494200-1450116707_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

Nice! Beautiful birds!

I was absolutely thrilled to meet and hunt with Kenny Annie and mags!!

Tried to show them our south eastern hospitality but weather was heck bent to foul it up, took the crew to a favorite spot of mine where taking a limit of scalies is/was an easy deal before weather set in, Could'nt even get them to show a face.

kenny ,Annie and mags finally got into a small covey of gambels where we've only encountered scalies.

Day Two: Weather again was set to be foul but we headed for mearns country on the way saw one single scalie cross the road take flight and plop into snow covered grass. Headed into the hills and finally connected with a couple coveys of mearns, Annie was standing almost on top of them, Kenny was moving to take a right side approach Mags on the right my Jaeger on the left Annie could'nt see them I was standing back watching the birds spin in circles looking for an escape path all I could do was stand back and smile, First contact with mearns is always a special treat!!! Got into one more covey before sleet and snow started

making the day miserable, On the way out we spotted a large herd of mulies walking single file across the snow driven grass. snow was on their backs as they walked away from us, In the middle approx halfway was a huge buck sporting a 4x2 and a half rack looking way off balance, Either an unlucky shot or fighting for does had left him lopsided. snow was coming down in flurries now, Another mile down the road was a herd of antelope feeding as if nothing was out of normal.

Snow piling on their backsides, Just another day for them.

Day Three: Kenny and crew are feeling frisky and want another rematch on the mearns, I was about halfway shot, A back injury a couple weeks ago was making it hard to keep up with long legged Kenny!! This guy can flat travel!! On our way thru the grasslands of sonoita we spotted a pair of mexican wolves, I've only seen these twice before, They were headed down the same trail the mulies used the evening before and quickly were lost as we traveled on.

arriving it didn't take long to shake up a couple coveys and drop a few birds, Beautiful day clear skies and great new friends to hunt and make memories with.

had to cut it short as Kenny and crew had a long drive home

• Like 1

Very cool. Thanks for sharing. Gonna try and go get some Mearns in January.

I was near Sonoita recently and saw what appeared to be a Mexican wolf as well. Also saw a sign at a hotel in Sonoita that read "Welcome Refugees"!

They must be calling all the Mearns hunters refugees this year.... Politically correct or something like that. Any way to welcome hunters without pissing the antis off is great!