Sign in to follow this  
BeardownAZ

Family camping tent??

Davis tent has the ISE show special 14x16 with angles for $800. I'd recommend adding a screen door and Windows. I can set mine up by myself in 30 minutes. With help its pretty easy. You will need a truck though to transport it with the frame. Mine is going on 10 years and still in great shape and gets used annually.

Just curious, do you guys with the wall tents store them in the garage? I live in Phoenix and wonder how they do in the heat. Particularly the seams and floors.

After much procrastination, and almost buying a toyhauler, enclosed trailer, and one of the Coleman instant up tents, I went with the Kodiak Canvas10x14. Even if I get a camper in the future, I could always use this tent. Definitely well built and easy to put up.

Any pics yet? Let us know what you think of it...

Mine is stored in my garage. I have only had it a little less than 2 years, but it is doing fine so far. My garage is north facing so it isn't as hot as some probably get though. I wouldn't store it in my attic, or in a storage shed though because they get super hot.

I love my 10x14 Kodiak. For anyone serious about getting a real tent that will last for years, look as spending the money and invest in a good tent.

The Alaknak held up really well. It's huge! But- I'd rather have a bigger version of the Big Horn.

Big brown truck just showed up with my spanky new Kodiak as well. I usually use my toyhauler but there are those times when it just isn't worth it to take the trailer but I still don;t want to sleep in the dirt.

You are going to love it.

Ill post pics once I use which is soon hopefully. I like the idea of this tent more and more. Canvas and easy setup, best of both worlds.

• Like 1