Sign in to follow this  
BeardownAZ

Family camping tent??

Montana Canvas 12 x 17 for our family of six. Kwik Kamp frame. Screen doors in each end, tarp for the floor with indoor outdoor carpet over that. 17 years old been through all kinds of weather, never have had to reseal it. Does not leak anywhere. Heavy and time consuming but spend the money once and never regret it.

• Like 1

I have the kodiak canvas tent and I really like it! It fits my family in it perfect! Super durable and easy to put up!

PelasPapas- if you don't mind me asking, whats your sleeping arrangements in it? Cots, how many etc.

Total of 5 of us. Me and my wife on cots and my 3 kids (7, 4 and 2 year old) either on air mattress or sleeping pads and sleeping bags. 99% of the time they sleep on air mattress. With them still being small/young it works out great. As they get older I'm sure this set up will change. As of right now it works great for us and don't have to worry about a cheap tent going down on us...

not sure of the age of your kids, mine liked it when I get them their own tents, $40 Kelty 3 man jobs from Costco did the trick, the wife and I set up in a 10x10 dome

I have the Kodiak canvas 10x14 and love it. I think the perfect layout would be dorm style with 3 bunk bed cots, feet facing the door, one in center and one on each side. That would give 6 people plenty of room to sleep and plenty of room to get ready.

• Like 2

As of now I will have the the lil one with my wife on the queen cot, me on my cot and the 8 and 10 year old on either bunk cots or two smaller cots. I think it will all fit with alil room to spare in a 14x10 tent. I like the Kodiak.

• Like 1

As of now I will have the the lil one with my wife on the queen cot, me on my cot and the 8 and 10 year old on either bunk cots or two smaller cots. I think it will all fit with alil room to spare in a 14x10 tent. I like the Kodiak.

Yeah man I got suggestions from other members here on the forum about the kodiak. I'm really glad I went with that tent! I saved up my pennies and ended up finding a good deal on one on craigslist from some guy up in the valley. Turns out he was a hunter as well but upgraded to a toy hauler so this one only got used one time. Great guy and we still keep in contact. First time I ended up using it was for my cousins elk hunt in sept. I really like the standing room and how well its made. Super easy & simple to set up too!

Just keep your eye out for deals, they pop up from time to tome just gotta be on it!

• Like 1

You might look into a wall tent. 14x16 would work great for a family of 5 lots of space and it can be heated by a stove or heater in colder times of the year. I have a 16x20 which has been great for family trips and glamping with my fiancée. I bought mine from wall tent shop i did shop around a bit and found them to have the best price and most helpful staff that did a great job of answering my questions and picking the best tent for my needs. they also have a great layaway program that was easy to set up and make payments on, this was a great relief because some wall tent packages can seem very expensive but when you look at it in the long run a well maintained wall tent will last any where from 15 to 25 years in some cases even 30 years, where as a tent from tristate or Walmart will last maybe 5 years and cost any where from 3 to 5 hundred dollars depending on size.

I love my 10x14 kodiak.

I have the 8 person Coleman instant tent (14X10) with a rain fly. It's well made. I can set the tent up by myself in 1 min, plus securing stakes. Have probably camped a total of 5 weeks in it over the last two years and only problem was 1 broken pole joint that was $5 to replace (bent it the wrong way). Rains fine, but the tent is not made for heavy winds. For car camping in not terrible weather, it's a great tent. It will fit 2 queen air mattresses with room to spair.

After much procrastination, and almost buying a toyhauler, enclosed trailer, and one of the Coleman instant up tents, I went with the Kodiak Canvas10x14. Even if I get a camper in the future, I could always use this tent. Definitely well built and easy to put up.

12x14 Davis Tent for cold or more than a week, family dome style tent from Cabelas otherwise works great for my family of 5. Davis Tent is where its at!

I also don't understand the infatuation with the Chinese copy of the Original Made in USA Springbar Tent. Maybe its just me but I would much rather spend the extra $50 or $100 or whatever and get something Made in Utah! Rant over!

Cabelas has kodiak flex bow on sale both 10 x 10 & 10 x 14 $150 off regular price. Heck of a deal!! Even at regular price they are worth the coin!

• Like 2