Sign in to follow this  
AverageJoe

Attention....New Long Rangers...

When you discover a new word like Sectional Density, do some research around the internet before spouting off on forums pretending it is your own ideas. Also when you meet someone in the field, dont spout off about how you can shoot 1000 yds because of your new rifle and scope, you might just be talking to someone who has much more experience and years than you do, and then you just sound like an asshat

• Like 4

When you discover a new word like Sectional Density, do some research around the internet before spouting off on forums pretending it is your own ideas. Also when you meet someone in the field, dont spout off about how you can shoot 1000 yds because of your new rifle and scope, you might just be talking to someone who has much more experience and years than you do, and then you just sound like an asshat

Who did you mouth off to this time??

• Like 2

Guest akaspecials

Dood. My new 30-06 is top of the line. It's a Remington 700, don't know if you've ever heard of those, but they are CLASSIC guns bro. And I got a steal on it at Wal Mart! You won't believe how far I can shoot with factory ammo. I shot a watermelon at 200 yards the other day and got some gnarly video with my go-pro.... I'll post it up here soon so you guys can all see how cool my gun is and how good I am at shooting. I'm a little concerned about my Bushnell scope though. I'm shooting some crazy heavy 180 grain bullets that my uncle Larry suggested to me cause he's like, such a good shot... But they are really josteling that scope around cause they kick SO hard. But that's why my watermelon's explode so well bro.

If any one knows a cool place in the desert I can reach out super long range, like 250+ meters (we don't use yards cause that's for civilians dude...BTW, I washed out army basic bro, but thats when I got super into long range hunting with my new 30-06!!! I'd be using my .223, but I know better than that cause I've read so much about LRS (Long Range Shooting for you noobs out there...) I would really appreciate it. Since I'm new at hunting and all, if you could give me any super cool locations with bucks and all too please, it would be greatly appreciated... I have a family and all, so I can't scout, so you really should help me if you're cool and all. Peace and Love CWT! Greatest website EVERz!

I can't even see a 1000 yards, let alone wanna shoot that far. Maybe if Lark would lend me his 7mm-08, I just might..... :o

Yea I might need to start taking glasses to turn my turrets, or find a younger guy to go along. ;)

• Like 1

I can't even see a 1000 yards, let alone wanna shoot that far. Maybe if Lark would lend me his 7mm-08, I just might..... :o

Lark - you have a 7-08?!?! So does my wife! You guys should shoot together.

• Like 1

Lark - you have a 7-08?!?! So does my wife! You guys should shoot together.

Lark's a big fan of that caliber. Just ask him......

I was going to take my new 30-30 lever gun out tomorrow and dial her in at 1350 yards. I've got a new tasco 3-9x I just picked up at a garage sale yesterday and came with see through scope mounts. I'm super excited!!

By the way, what is sectional density?

• Like 1

My 7x57 mauser has iron sight adjustments to 2000 meters so I should be able to get out that far no problem on 8" steel gongs right...

You guys wives should shoot you guys. If they ever met me they'd divorce you homers and try to talk me into bein' a polygamist. Lark

• Like 1

You guys wives should shoot you guys. If they ever met me they'd divorce you homers and try to talk me into bein' a polygamist. Lark

Is this a donation post?

• Like 1

By the way, what is sectional density?

Sectional density is the ratio of your wast size to your inseam and is directly related to your historical life quality. The bigger the ratio the more beer you have drunk and therefore the greater your quality of life has been in the past. A greater SD also allows you to drink more beer in the future so that as it grows so does your quality of life. However, there is a limit to this function as you may die if it gets too high. Each person has their own SD function, but it is hard to determine. However when it is smaller the second derivative of the function is positive while at a certain level the second derivative turns negative and the SD asymptoticly approaches a limit that is unique to each person. Doppler beerdar is helpful in this endeavor (sort of like what Hornady used for their new LR XLD bullet), but it is still mostly art rather than science.

Cheers!