Sign in to follow this  
BMart

Feral Goats?

Has anyone ever seen a wild goat before? Like a milk goat you would see at a petting zoo? I found some today on state land and wondered if they were legal to hunt like a feral hog would be? They were way up high on a rocky mountain top in an area that is fairly far from a ranch or house of any kind.

Call the local warden to find out if it's ok to shoot them. If a local rancher has the grazing right's you are not allowed to shoot them. If they are Farrel you are good to go.

I would be happy to join you:)

I thought they may belong to someone and they will be easy to find again so I left the alone today. I was going to call the warden but wanted to see if anyone else had any experience with this.

The place I saw them just was not in an area that I figured they would be if someone actually owned them. There is no way a horse could get anywhere close to herd them. They were in a place I'm not even sure if I could get to them if I shot one.

A jerk developer released some into the silver bells a few years back and they promptly infected the bighorns with pinkeye. They had marine snipers in choppers and all kindsa stuff down there shooting em. Is it anywhere close to there? Lark

• Like 2

There used to be a decent herd of them in the McDowell's in the mid to late 80's we used to hunt. Game and fish did not have a problem since they were feral. They are fun to chase with a bow .

• Like 1

Longshooter, Sure that wasn't Sheep You were chasing? LOL.........................BOB

A jerk developer released some into the silver bells a few years back and they promptly infected the bighorns with pinkeye. They had marine snipers in choppers and all kindsa stuff down there shooting em. Is it anywhere close to there? Lark

George Johnson

AZGF will want to know about ANY feral goats or sheep especially if they are in or near bighorn habitat. The Silverbell herd mentioned is the reason why. MAKE THE CALL!

• Like 1

George Johnson. What a piece o' work. He wanted some people on the little Colorado above Eagar to sell their land to him. When they wouldn't he bought below them and dammed the river to flood em out. Never mind that all the water he was stopping belonged to farmers below there. He ended paying a fine of over $30 million for that, the goats, tearing up Indian ruins, dumping raw sewage in a wash in QC and a buncha other garbage. Lark

• Like 1