maximus

San Carlos res hunting

A friend of mine was hunting there and he say that starting next season all non tribal members required a guide to hunt if you get a tag. Have anyone heard of such a thing?

Haven't heard that either. Leaving tonight for the rez

Not true... Misprint on the rules and regs. Only in certain areas will require a guide R100 and trophy hunts as well as sheep hunts. Wouldn't be enough guides to cover that for all hunts

• Like 2

Just found out that the Tribe will require guides for the all Bear Hunts.

Yeah I was going to put in until I found that out. I heard its a trial run and if sales fall of they will go back to un guided. We will see!

isn't bait legal for bears on the rez?

I was thinking of getting a bear tag up there. But with this new rule I refuse to now. I have hunted San Carlos since I was 9 years old. Its a great place just overpriced for the average man

• Like 1

Although not cheap, I always thought the quality of the Bear hunting on the SC was good enough to make the price reasonable. I agree that the rule will change soon when 50% of the Fall and 80% of the Spring Bear tags go unsold due to this unnecessary expense. Me and a family member was considering buying a tag this year but will not if they go through with this ridiculous idea.

I believe baiting isnt legal here on the San Carlos... I don't know much of why they changed the bear hunt to guide required. Should be hunters preference if he chooses a guide or not.