Sign in to follow this  
MT. CAT

Second chance to pay tag fees for any one who applied online

49 members have voted

1. 1. Should hunters who applied ONLINE and got drawn for deer, sheep. javelina or buffalo get a second chance to resubmit money orders or cashiers checks if they sent in personal checks the first time ?

• Yes
    • No

The cashiers check/MO was only for online apps. Filling out the app is a little more complicated than getting a cashiers check or MO-- I do see the 2nd chance premis there. But there is a cut off date for that too.--just have a hard time agreeing with the 2nd chance on the cashiers checks..

AZGFD was on top of the online draw--and thus the cancellation. I think the cashiers check thing was to avoid a bunch of bounced checks which would slow the process.

I am interested to know how many of the individuals who voted "No" applied online?......i would venture to guess that a majority of them did not. I also wonder how many of the "No" voters did not get drawn at all (and are looking for any excuse to add another tag to the pot of leftovers).

I am interested to know how many of the individuals who voted "No" applied online?......i would venture to guess that a majority of them did not. I also wonder how many of the "No" voters did not get drawn at all (and are looking for any excuse to add another tag to the pot of leftovers).

No I did not apply online

I don't do it because I do not like it

We drew 2 elk tags in the early draw

and my other daughter drew a deer tag in this draw

Yes I would love to have a deer tag but it was not my turn

thats OK, maybe next year

Mike

I have never applied online, never written a check, and got a elk and deer tag this year. I made a mistake on my apps last year, and they wouldn't let me fix the mistake. Why should they let the people who didn't read the directions correctly have another chance. Just think of the guy that would have gotten the tag that followed the directions correctly. I think I would be down there fighting this one if I thought I had a chance at that tag. David

If this is all true, then I dont think they should have a second chance. This year I sent in "youth tag" price for deer for my son and the application was rejected because his application was for a general hunt. I didnt like it but am living by the rules. According to AZGFD, they had too many phone calls to return to try and correct errors/incorrect payment on the youth hunts...........Allen Taylor...............

How would you know if you were next inline for a tag ? To punish someone because they did not send in the right funds after they were drawn is stupid. What if the tags for a young kid does he deserve to be punished ? If you didn't get drawn get over it and good luck next year.

OH Yeah, this is the PERFECT coueswhitetail.com forum , where no one ever, ever, ever makes a mistake!! :blink:

PUt yourself in their shoes, bet you would sing a different tune, I think it is fine that they got another chance to submit a cashiers check and I really dont care if I am next in line, they drew fair and square. All of us have made mistakes and they should not be penalized for it. Game and fish pulled a slick change on them and in the paper draw you could use personal checks, oversights happen. Suck it up and be happy for the people who got drawn!! ag

I did get a tag, but thats not the point being made here. Since when is it alright to award somebody for making a mistake. When you mess up at work, do they tell you what a great job you are doing and give you a raise. Of course not. Nobody ever learns anything in life unless there are consuquences or goals achieved. You mention what if it was a junior hunter. Well my apps I sent in last year had my boy on the apps. Since I made a mistake, he didn't get drawn, and neither did I. His life wasn't over at that point, but we both learned a valueable lesson from it. I do know from now on I won't ever make the same mistake again.

Jim, Why don't you send in your apps next year without any money in them and let us know if you get a call back from game and fish. David

How would you know if you were next inline for a tag ? To punish someone because they did not send in the right funds after they were drawn is stupid. What if the tags for a young kid does he deserve to be punished ? If you didn't get drawn get over it and good luck next year.

I voted no and I do have a tag that was drawn on-line. I received a letter, an e-mail, and also read it on this forum that you had to send in a certified check or money order....I think there has been plenty of opportunity to get the correct funds in the correct format into the gfd.

I also was drawn for javelina that I sent in a paper application and personel check. Not hard to distinguish between the two.

This isn't about being upset for not getting drawn or about making mistakes, it's about following the rules and guidelines which in this case was not hard to do.

David, if i was to put in and not put my money in I would expect not to get drawn. However, I have made mistakes in the past and the g and f did call me and fix the issue. I always put my apps in where there is time to catch mistakes. I fully understand the rules concept however these people did not ask for this issue, so I am a whole lot more understanding than I would be if it was on a normal issue. I hope you enjoy your tag.

Wow a bunch of cut throats in here! And for the job comment, if you make a mistake yer right they dont pat you on the back and give you a raise, but they also dont fire you and hire the next guy in line.... And since when is it ok to punish someone else for YOUR mistake? (your being G&F) I sure wish i could have written a personal check and paid my fees like all the paper applicants w4ere able to do and therein lies my point...double standard end of story.

I voted no because if you penalize one person for making a mistake i.e. not filing out the application properly or not sending the correct funds, then you have to do it for everyone. I think its clear that these people did not send the correct funds period. Just because an issue came up with the online process doesn't mean it wasn't done fairly. I think for the first time in a long time the G&F did an outstanding job in completing the draw process and were pretty clear on what funds were required.

I think there has been a chronic problem with G & F as of late, for the past few years, all the rules have changed and then changed again, people are confused often, and the communication is limited. . . basically WE have to get ahold of THEM and find out whats REALLY going on. . . it is sad.

I think there are alot of OLDER or Elderly people who put in and forget to read the directions, or just "do it the way they always have" and often these are the people who do it wrong.

G&F needs to make the rules in BIG PINK LETTERS so we can all find them and follow them . . and make them the same from year to year, so people can get used to them!

My two cents.

I don't feel there is a communication problem at all

In the printed regs it tells you step by step how to fill out the apps.

There web site has just about any info you need

I get a news letter email from them just about every other week

They are very good about telling you of any changes

My.02